Will Hughes - Liverpool

Simon Bradley

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since he's our own player we'll think he's a lot better then he is. Boro and Forest fans do it for there own players (Especially Osbourne.. I wonder why.)

The thing about Hughes is thoe the 1st game I seen him he shown something no other player has.. Not sure what it is maybe wants the ball all the time or picks a pass out of no where just can't put my finger on it. Hopefully he stays and signs a new contract (Didn't he do one recently? Hopefully has a clause).

​I use my eyes mate. Quite a lot of the game, Hughes is bypassed for one reason or another. He hardly scores, and his assists aren't really owt to get excited about. Yes he always looks class and tidy, and will (when he's more mature) learn how to run the game from back to front, but he's very far from that right now.

Simply, the FACTs speak for the themselves, if he was capable of doing it already, he would've been bought already.

Since he's our own player we'll think he's a lot better then he is. Boro and Forest fans do it for there own players (Especially Osbourne.. I wonder why.)

The thing about Hughes is thoe the 1st game I seen him he shown something no other player has.. Not sure what it is maybe wants the ball all the time or picks a pass out of no where just can't put my finger on it. Hopefully he stays and signs a new contract (Didn't he do one recently? Hopefully has a clause).

Hughes's value is really down to potential - and he has that in spades. You can see that every time he steps onto the field for England U-21s - he invariably runs the show in and against a side of the best players of his age.

Whether he will do that in and against a side of the best players full stop is another matter, and only time will tell.

Is Hughes a better player now than Jordan Henderson was when he was transferred to Liverpool?

You bet.

@eddie has hit the nail on the head. Watching the U21's its obvious that the other players from the top end Prem clubs look and treat Hughsey as their main man.

If he was Spanish, German, Dutch or Italian he'd have a full cap by now.

​I think it's more about a manager. Hodgson doesn't like to pick young players to his team.

​I think it's more about a manager. Hodgson doesn't like to pick young players to his team.

​He has for us! The problem being, a months worth of decent form in the Premiership is enough for him to pick you, should you be youngish. 

simply Will Hughes isn't influential enough for enough of the 90minutes at this level yet to command a place in a top 6 Premier League team.

​I'd agree.  The price that it would take to sign Hughes means that he would need to go straight into the Liverpool side - especially after Rodgers poor summer in the transfer market last year.

It may be that a side like Newcastle (managed by McClaren perhaps) are a better fit.  

Archived