Richard Keogh (maybe a duplicate thread)

South Ram

including McClaren?

Knew this would happen too. Albentosa would have a half-decent performance and people would make it out to be a lot better than it actually was.

Has McClaren not seen the class of Albentosa then? I wonder why he signed him then. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness, Keogh gets grief all the time from some, irrespective of how he plays - and he's not alone in that.

Unfortunately some fans are like that. The SS is full of them. Seven minutes it took for people to go cray on Saturday. One fella shouted "Dawkins loses the ball, surprise surprise". I replied that actually of all our attacking players, Dawkins is far and away the best at retaining possession, so yeah, it was a surprise. Silence.

People can accuse Dawkins of many things, but needlessly giving away possession is not one of them. 

I don't rate Keogh. I never have. Not from day one. I think he is a very very very average footballer. But berating, booing, jeering our own players, is not on. That said, if I was a footballer on (insert amount) a week, and someone called me a ****, I wouldn't give a ****. Unless of course, he is actually of a similar opinion. Maybe he knows his place is slipping away, and that's why he is shouting at fans, and bollocking his team mates for his own mistakes?

Troy, nothing personal at all ....... Really...... But can isay You have a very very very very limited knowledge of football based on your view of keogh. My comment will do no good at all for me or for you but I just felt the need to express my opinion. If however I were to berate you at work to a degree you felt under valued or even to the point of "what's the point" then I have gone too far. Many many Derby fans go far too far . I imagine our " fans" are discussed openly by the team behind closed doors. It's a shame because when we were all united last Season it was a beautiful thing.

Has McClaren not seen the class of Albentosa then? I wonder why he signed him then. 

I'd like to think all of the players coming into DCFC have some class about them.

It's whether he's going to drop either Keogh or Bucko for Albentosa. And I can almost guarantee for you now, he's not going to drop Keogh.

Troy, nothing personal at all ....... Really...... But can isay You have a very very very very limited knowledge of football based on your view of keogh. My comment will do no good at all for me or for you but I just felt the need to express my opinion. If however I were to berate you at work to a degree you felt under valued or even to the point of "what's the point" then I have gone too far. Many many Derby fans go far too far . I imagine our " fans" are discussed openly by the team behind closed doors. It's a shame because when we were all united last Season it was a beautiful thing.

Ditto. :-)

I'd like to think all of the players coming into DCFC have some class about them.

It's whether he's going to drop either Keogh or Bucko for Albentosa. And I can almost guarantee for you now, he's not going to drop Keogh.

I think you are right. I do think though, that when either centre half gets injured, or suspended, then Raul will come in and the shirt is then his to lose. Same with Warnock. 

That's a good thing though. Beats rushing players back and playing them half crocked like we used to. 

I think you are right. I do think though, that when either centre half gets injured, or suspended, then Raul will come in and the shirt is then his to lose. Same with Warnock. 

That's a good thing though. Beats rushing players back and playing them half crocked like we used to. 

*cough*Russell*cough*

:p

I don't rate Keogh. I never have. Not from day one. I think he is a very very very average footballer. But berating, booing, jeering our own players, is not on. That said, if I was a footballer on (insert amount) a week, and someone called me a ****, I wouldn't give a ****. Unless of course, he is actually of a similar opinion. Maybe he knows his place is slipping away, and that's why he is shouting at fans, and bollocking his team mates for his own mistakes?

Don't let facts get in the way of a stubborn opinion

Keogh was fantastic last night, and that's not an overstatement either. There is really no debate. We will see Bucko moved out as the season progresses, with Albentosa taking over the other centre half spot. The only downer on Keogh is his inability to score a few goals, and his excessive right footedness. 

Keogh was fantastic last night, and that's not an overstatement either. There is really no debate. We will see Bucko moved out as the season progresses, with Albentosa taking over the other centre half spot. The only downer on Keogh is his inability to score a few goals, and his excessive right footedness. 

It's not the ONLY downer though is it?

Another downer is that he chokes in big games!

it's not the amount of mistakes Keogh makes, it's the magnitude of game in which he makes them that is the concern.

You're suggesting that it's not just coincidence? That he becomes MORE error-prone in direct relation to the importance of the fixture? I think you're reading too much into his mistake against QPR. Unless you want to list all the specific mistakes and the games in question?

You're suggesting that it's not just coincidence? That he becomes MORE error-prone in direct relation to the importance of the fixture? I think you're reading too much into his mistake against QPR. Unless you want to list all the specific mistakes and the games in question?

No, it's not coincidence IMO. QPR, Forest, Middlebrough this season alone. I could get the highlights out from last season to confirm, but I'm pretty sure his mistakes cost us games. He made mistakes against both Leicester and Burnley!

If it was coincidence, it wouldn't always be the same bloke falling on his arse or passing directly to the bloke about to score!

Archived