Coutts sold/Freeman free transfer to Sheff Utd

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather give him as much time as possible to come back rather than needing to rush him in... Have a horrible feeling we've seen the last of the Great John Eustace... Since Thorne should be back before him can't see him getting much game time once back...

I feel like we've never actually seen Coutts in his strongest position... the guy is a CM we've never really seen play there... and I don;t feel Hendrick's game has evolved as much as I'd like it to have I thought giving him a shot would have been a fair shout...

Agree Coutts is a CM but I just think he ain't ever going to get a run in the side. Obviously needs 1st team football and he ain't going to get it here consistently.

Will be interesting where Clough plays him... Central or on Right Side

Agree Coutts is a CM but I just think he ain't ever going to get a run in the side. Obviously needs 1st team football and he ain't going to get it here consistently.

Will be interesting where Clough plays him... Central or on Right Side

Agree... but still think he's a very capable championship player... and someone for me who has the attributes to make a very strong championship CM...

Why do people think coutts is a centre mid when most of his career he has played wide? We have cover in midfield with Thorne returning. Let's be honest there hasn't been often 2 off Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick haven't been fit and of that did happen Dawkins or masscarell could fill in.

I don't remember that but dossnt that mean he can't be that good there if he couldn't near the team in that position here and got played wide a lot at Preston and Peterborough

It means that he was considered behind Bryson, Hendrick and Hughes... which he still is/was... and I would argue that so are most of the CMs in the league...

However that doesn't make him a RM...

Warnock can do a job there  - DCM

We get back to the debate about playing guys out of position again though which is something a team of our quality shouldn't need to be doing...

Don't remember Nigel ever saying that.

Mind you he played wide right a lot for Peterborough and Preston. Guess they played him out of position too.

Can't find anything specific (with all of 1 minute that I was prepared to spend) however:

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Derby-County-manager-Nigel-Clough-targets-loan-midfield-signings/story-21540469-detail/story.html

Coutts was a very good CM where he played for Peterborough and Preston, but average on the wing.

His performance away at Brighton last season was one of the best individual performances of the season. Freeman played well that game, too.

Coutts is a good player but he can't be missed because he hasn't really been needed for 2 seasons. I just hope we replace him.

At least we got a fee for him!

I am pleased he has gone because it evidences another gear change in our evolution. One does suspect, and I expect, that another midfielder much better than Coutts will be in soon. That all said, before his injury he did a good job for us, probably not in a position ideally suited to him, and therefore I hope he plays regularly and achieves everything he wants at his new club.

I am pleased he has gone because it evidences another gear change in our evolution. One does suspect, and I expect, that another midfielder much better than Coutts will be in soon. That all said, before his injury he did a good job for us, probably not in a position ideally suited to him, and therefore I hope he plays regularly and achieves everything he wants at his new club.

Nail on the head... Very eloquently put Sir Iram

i hope we have someone lined up, Eustace out, Thorne still some time away, Mascerell, Bryson and Hendrick are hardly pulling up any trees at the moment. i think the only reason he hasnt played is because of his injury, not because he wasnt good enough,  a steal for the blades

Archived