Has there been a worse Championship?!?

deanoakaram4life

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could say worst or you could say most competitive, which a neutral would argue is better?

This season hasn't been an overly low scoring season, people are just lead to think that as Leicester and Burnley ran away with it last season.

Take the season before, if we'd been in this position at this point of the 2012/13 season, we'd be in the top two should we get a point v Blackburn.

I wouldn't say it's the worst Championship ever in terms of quality though. If anything you could argue seasons with runaway leaders are worse in quality as none of the other teams are able to put up a fight.

Bournemouth have lost two of their last three games!!!!

I am a Leeds fan just for this evening.

If we can get 3 points against them,no reason we can't run away with the league.

Most people argue that last season, not being able to beat the top teams was what cost us. Taking 10 points from Ipswich and Bournemouth shows that we've got the quality to challenge the ''top'' sides now and we're no longer dark horses. I'm putting Boro and Brentford down to poor overall performances and therefore blips.

If we can start to show consistency from now on, no reason we can't secure promotion!

Oh the difference in atmosphere here now compared to after the Forest game.

In a way this has again made up for our loss v Forest (sort of) in the sense we're able to regain the lost ground pretty much immediately. We still have to get past Blackburn yet though, and should we fail to take all three points I expect it will be doom and gloom again.

Absolutely right! The players can hear everything! Take the forest game. The first half we were rocking and a seem to remember a period of 4 successive corners and a deafening atmosphere! Second half our lot were quite and the red dogs outsung us! The players can hear that and it can effect performance!

The league is boll@cks I'm a afraid! Who in the bournmouth and Ipswich squad would get in a pl team??

Not really all that tight in the upper midtable. We're 5 points inside the playoffs, away from 7th and 8th, and then 9th is 11 points away. Some fairly big gaps where there is usually only a point in it, sometimes just goal difference.

Terrible league with no teams being consistant! Leeds only 15 points off the play offs says it all! The league really is up for grabs and it's up to us to start a big run starting with blackburn!!

Let's get behind the team and get the south stand rocking!!

I don't think it's a terrible league at all. It is just incredibly competitive. 

I would say the Premier League is a terrible league as it is predictable and the only thing that most sides play for is not to get relegated.

The Championship has some good sides in it that play attractive football. I don't go in for this 'hoofball' that some tend to say the league is. I'll leave that term for those that don't know what they are talking about.

No one side will walk away with it and it is not inconceivable that a side like Fulham or Forest could get promoted if they were to string together a run of results.

I think the Championship is great and it's all well and good wanting promotion to the Premier League but once Derby do get promoted, it is then we will realise just how very dull and boring football is when you have absolutely nothing to play for aside from getting the 38 points required to stay up.

Archived