Johnny Russell

sage

I loved his tackling 1st half. I think we seemed to miss that second half? Not sure what happened

I think we missed pretty much everything in the second half...  second balls, leadership, calm heads, a pattern of play, someone to put a foot on, Hendrick, Bryson, one decent ball into Martin's feet... Zzzzzzzz

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I know it is SO forbidden to say anything bad about McClaren and his crew on this forum. But WHY in hell did Steve put Russell on the field against the Mighty Chesterfield if he knew Russell had an muscle-injury all week? Why take the gamble and risk to make it even worse? He is now out for a long time.

Some of you kill me and tell to .... off because of the new religion "Steve is always right" but i Think Steve deserve a "Clough-knee" for this one...

If there is a weak link in the current set up, then it could be managing / avoiding injuries.

We broke buxton's (hip) and thorne (knee) with the pre-season stuff.

Thorne's injury was decribed as a dead leg?

Eustace was playing with an injury and we didn't seem to know?

If there is a weak link in the current set up, then it could be managing / avoiding injuries.

We broke buxton's (hip) and thorne (knee) with the pre-season stuff.

Thorne's injury was decribed as a dead leg?

Eustace was playing with an injury and we didn't seem to know?

People were making that argument under the previous set up too.

I spoke to johnny Russell when he was watching George Thorne 2 The Return at the U21 game on tuesday. He is more upset at not being able to play than we are that he cannot play. He loves playing for Derby County. His influence on the team is as important as his performance on the day.

Didn't Moxey have to come in and take her place for a bit?

And a fine job he did too - nice to think that he has a trade to fall back on when his playing career comes to an end. It almost makes him 'old school'.

Got to say I love Johnny. Such a great team player as well as a quality player in his own right.

His attitude is top class and he's always the first player to celebrate when someone else scores.

I really like our squad, most seem like decent lads, Johnny epitomises the spirit for me.

Archived