What would you do....?

Phoenix

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you've made a wise decision. They could clone your card (based on the details you gave them during purchase.) and print out your documents (or use your originals if you posted) and buy loads of sausage in your name. Maybe even get fake documentation in your name.

It'd be worth doing some research on the company, seeing if anyone else has complained.

Use Paypal elsewhere - like you did.

It sounds scammy to me. Who was it, out of interest?

PM if you don't want to publish their details.

Name and shame. On the face of it, a large and reputable company.

http://www.uk.insight.com/

Seems to be.

Scamadviser suggests it has negative feedback, but is 100% safe.

http://www.scamadviser.com/is-uk.insight.com-a-fake-site.html

Probably for the same reason you found - they are now being a pain

Edit:

UK subsidiary domain of an American website

Thanks for that Eddie. I suspect that their (American based) software struggles with British addresses. It uses a method of 'Enter postcode and select address'.

That's ok, but it then seems to transpose lines of the address, which presumably comes up with a mismatch with my credit card address.

I still think it's totally unacceptable to ask for bank statements, Inland revenue letters and the like, to verify a

People still fall for this sort of stuff?

I had a phone call today from an asian sounding lady called 'Jennifer' telling me I'd got a problem with my computer. It seems that a lot of people got a similar call from the same number today.

If people stopped to think 'how do they know?'  they'd do as I did and politely tell them to f*** off.

I was asked to money transfer 10 grand to a Nigerian princess who needs the money to buy shoes for her kids whilst her inheritance comes through do you think I ought to

You probably already did if your posts are anything to go by...... :)

I was asked to money transfer 10 grand to a Nigerian princess who needs the money to buy shoes for her kids whilst her inheritance comes through do you think I ought to

You'd be heartless not to. But if you're in the mood for doing favours I could do with a tin of tartan paint from B&Q if you wouldn't mind?

I had a phone call today from an asian sounding lady called 'Jennifer' telling me I'd got a problem with my computer. It seems that a lot of people got a similar call from the same number today.

If people stopped to think 'how do they know?'  they'd do as I did and politely tell them to f*** off.

I always humour them, and tell them that if they give me their IP Address, I will investigate from this end.

If people stopped to think 'how do they know?' they'd do as I did and politely tell them to f*** off.

That the scam where they say your Microaft computer is infected?

That one has been going around for years.

One timr I received the call I had them going for ages and then dropped in 'oh actually, thinking about it, my computer is Linux'.

Didnt go down well

Archived