Barker

condor

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baring injuries or suspentions I think we may have seen the last of Buxton in the league this season,we,ll see.

What are 'baring injuries'?

Is it when you rick your neck removing a woman's underwear with your teeth?

I've got a lot of admiration for Barker in his determination to play again; he's worked very hard to get back even to training with the 1st team.  But, as far as I'm concerned, we owe him nothing anymore: we stood by him during 3 years out (not suggesting that that is a bad thing) which is perhaps more than most clubs would have done, so once this season's up then I'm afraid he should be released and we should part ways.

He comes across as a really nice chap and a good pro, but for me he's quite oddly overrated. He was alright, but nowhere near one of the best centre halves I've seen play for us.  Seeing him alongside Igor on the side of the stadium under the banner 'legends' was utterly baffling to me.  I think it's because he was captain - for some reason English football fans put massive emphasis on captains and 'leaders' (c.f. Keane, Ince etc), even if they're little more than average players.

Fozzy just isn't the player he was last season, not sure why but he always seems to have a better game when Ward starts, maybe Ward provides more defensive cover perhaps.

Still statistically the best LB in the league though...

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/4312/Stages/9156/PlayerStatistics/England-Championship-2014-2015

#justsaying

Baring injuries or suspentions I think we may have seen the last of Buxton in the league this season,we,ll see.

If that is the case, unless we buy another top centre half, that's mental. 

Buxton is far and away a better player than Keogh. Not even close. 

I think he will make it back.

It will be a great occasion.

I expect he will come on a sub to a huge ovation.

Maybe for a wembley play off ?

I sausage hope he doesn't this season.

If we feel the need to play someone who has not kicked a ball in a competitive game for the last 3 years, we would be seriously in trouble.

I understand some of the sympathy and sentimentality on this thread, but for goodness sake Ronnie Barker would be just as useful in our back four.

And that's goodnight from me, and goodnight from him.

Agreed

That said - if we've won the league with a game to go, there could be no better way to go out than to come on as a sub for the last 10 minutes to a standing ovation and then lift the trophy as club captain!

As romantic a picture as this makes in my mind, and I do love a good roy of the rovers moment, wouldn't this be a bit like Terry with the Champions League Cup?

On for 10 minutes, standing ovation, that'd be awesome, but I'm sure Barker would be the first to stand back and let the rest of the team take the plaudits for the title.

If Bucko played rugby he would represent England as NO 2.

Um think he qualifies for Irish through his grandparents though

I hope he does make it back.

Yeah last game of the season at iPro against Reading and lift the league trophy. :)

Archived