Barker

condor

I've posted this in the Podcast section as well but given that this appears to be the Shaun Barker thread I thought I'd pop it in here as well.

I spoke to Shaun this evening about his injury and his rehab. Hopefully this gives a decent insight into the struggles he's faced over the past few years.

http://derbycounty.podbean.com/e/shaun-barker-interview/?token=8f8cc88b5827180a5a9f7017531e7d54

Brilliant Joel, wish I could like it more than once!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Joel,

Have signed up especially to tell you just how much I enjoy your podcast.

Look forward to it every week and it's going from strength to strength!

What a coup for you to have Barker come in and give such an open account of his injury. I knew his injury was horrific but by the sounds of it, if this were 20 years ago he may well be fighting to be walking again. We're all rooting for him and you did a great job of representing the esteem that Barks is held in by many.

Nice one mate!

Hope you and the boys keep up the excellent work! It must be quite time consuming, but it's especially apreciated by those like me sen who can only make a couple of games a year due to living abroad.

UTR!

It's ok RodleyRam,

He could have really held back no punches and called the ipro a library or something.

Will one day muster up the courage to write something nice about Joel's podcast again. ????

And I thought this was one of the friendlier forums ????

No rodent obsessives, just mention the word sausage a few hundred times and you're in.

Seriously though, looking forward to getting involved in the banter. Been reading this forum for a while.

Hi Joel,

Have signed up especially to tell you just how much I enjoy your podcast.

Look forward to it every week and it's going from strength to strength!

What a coup for you to have Barker come in and give such an open account of his injury. I knew his injury was horrific but by the sounds of it, if this were 20 years ago he may well be fighting to be walking again. We're all rooting for him and you did a great job of representing the esteem that Barks is held in by many.

Nice one mate!

Hope you and the boys keep up the excellent work! It must be quite time consuming, but it's especially apreciated by those like me sen who can only make a couple of games a year due to living abroad.

UTR!

Thank you very much. I'm glad you're enjoying listening to them.

I thought Shaun was excellent, really open and honest about the whole situation including his position within the club. He's got a really interesting story to tell and I hope it gets the happy ending his effort and dedication deserves.

Welcome Manic, and good work as usual - I think - Joel.

Sorry I am a bit old and genuinely have never listened to any podcast in my life. I will try, but I have the attention span of a gnat.

Ideally I like all my information to be supplied quickly, a bit like you get in a flicker book. If you did one for Shaun hopefully at the end of the flick he would still be upright.

It's ok RodleyRam,

He could have really held back no punches and called the ipro a library or something.

Will one day muster up the courage to write something nice about Joel's podcast again. ????

And I thought this was one of the friendlier forums ????

No rodent obsessives, just mention the word sausage a few hundred times and you're in.

Seriously though, looking forward to getting involved in the banter. Been reading this forum for a while.

You can have my sausage when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

I've posted this in the Podcast section as well but given that this appears to be the Shaun Barker thread I thought I'd pop it in here as well.

I spoke to Shaun this evening about his injury and his rehab. Hopefully this gives a decent insight into the struggles he's faced over the past few years.

http://derbycounty.podbean.com/e/shaun-barker-interview/?token=8f8cc88b5827180a5a9f7017531e7d54

Just listened to 2/3s of the interview.  The can't fault the man for getting back to the level he currently has. 

Kind of puts it all into perspective when he says that the night he was injured the only thing keeping the top half of his leg attached to the bottom half was skin!!!  It's a miracle he's able to walk again, let alone run.

I would love it if we managed to secure 1st/2nd/home advantage for the play offs in time for the Reading game in May so Schteve could give him a run out.  Least the bloke deserves...

Brilliant interview, barks answered very honest and you could tell his frustration and determination to return

Archived