Stephen Warnock

Bris Vegas

To look at it another way, how much have the players we already had in October 2013 upped their game during the past 14 months due to having competition in the squad?

Or, If you were to go through the players and put a mark next to them as either improved since October 2013 (or since we signed them), stayed the same or got worse, what would the outcome be? Is it individual improvement or are we simply better organised as a team?

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many have just come and sat on the bench? I can only really think of Best, Naylor and Whitbread. The rest have become starters or been used in rotation.

Goalkeepers aside you're right I can't think if another, and even Whitbread had a very short spell playing ahead of others earlier this season if I remember right. 

Won't understand why we don't steer well clear of players that are obviously injury prone. NOT Barker or Thorne, those are freak injuries that will never happen again. But Whitbread had a checkered past. Maybe he was the best available for what we were looking for (Essentially just a rotation player). But personally I wouldn't sign an injury prone player, harsh as that sounds.

McClaren has signed a large number of players since he came to Derby. Apart from giving about ten players renewed contracts, he has spent a ridiculously low amount of money. I know that we like to do undisclosed fees so that no club can assume that we are loaded and therefore think that we are an easy touch but excluding Thorne what is our best assessment of what his net transfer dealings has been. Including Albentosa and Warnock it seems to be about

McClaren has signed a large number of players since he came to Derby. Apart from giving about ten players renewed contracts, he has spent a ridiculously low amount of money. I know that we like to do undisclosed fees so that no club can assume that we are loaded and therefore think that we are an easy touch but excluding Thorne what is our best assessment of what his net transfer dealings has been. Including Albentosa and Warnock it seems to be about

The data is so good that SI have sold the database to clubs and last year..ProZone, can't be that bad if Everton bought the rights a few years back and are using it.

Anyway, I have posted on the SI forum to ask the question of how researchers come up with the salary figures

I remember hearing something about Man City contacting them to find out how the hell they managed to find out their player bonuses! They were utterly stunned to find out that it was totally accurate.

Simon Austin ?@sport_simon  10m10 minutes ago

@jamiesimmo5 told Derby offered 18 month contract & another club offered 2 yrs. whatever the case I've been told player has been sold

I wouldn't have offered a 33 year old a two year contract anyway. Regardless of ability. We aren't going in for Lampard or Gerrard, there's not many players (in our price ranger) like Eustace that are still at the top of their game. 18 month contract seems fair so I wouldn't be to bothered if we didn't get him.

Archived