John Vicars

North_Stand_Ram

This is only news because Ipswich fans made it news, and they felt aggreived because they got told what they are and where they are: merchants of the hoofball who play in a library. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the tweet relating to Wembley tickets,was proved right

It was the supporter complaining about tickets,when it was their fault

Everybody goes on about board/owners being out of touch with fans,I for one,like JV tweets

We can't have it both ways

Far from it.

It was a friend of Lambchop - a poster on this forum.

I can't remember the details but i do remember that the fan was not at fault.

What happened?

"Lady yesterday constant all day in her criticism of club because her customer doesn't work - she owes us £300 from debt on old season ticket"

Yes there is. As mentioned in the other thread, the woman whose direct debits hadn't worked is extremely upset by this.

She set the payments up in good faith, and the club didn't mention that there was a problem for the entire season. While she is trying to sort it out, a club employee makes a tweet which accuses her of being dishonest and abusive, neither of which are true.

Pretty despicable really.

I think the tweet relating to Wembley tickets,was proved right

It was the supporter complaining about tickets,when it was their fault

Everybody goes on about board/owners being out of touch with fans,I for one,like JV tweets

We can't have it both ways

Must have been RamNut doing the complaining.

:p

Surely you would check your bank statement though?

This was the debate at the time. It's quite an easy thing to miss though isn't it, especially when you would think that Derby would have said there was a problem if they didn't receive the money.

This was the debate at the time. It's quite an easy thing to miss though isn't it, especially when you would think that Derby would have said there was a problem if they didn't receive the money.

Wish I had enough money in my account for it to be easy to not notice whether

What a load of b*llocks.

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f**king what." - Stephen Fry.

Twitter is a joke - it's a better known, better populated version of My Space and Bebo from the early 00's. Aside from the music magazines plugging the bands that appeared on those sites, I don't remember the press paying any attention to what people posted on there whatsoever. Why do they do so now? This is a story of no consequence to anyone yet it's been blown up to the point where a grown man has had to write an apology or probably face a disciplinary procedure/fine/the sack.

When did we turn into a nation of cry babies and whiners? Why does everyone have a skin thinner than sugar paper now?

Is 'girl' supposed to be an insult? Looks like it's not just Mr. Vicars that has some growing up to do.

To paraphrase David Cameron, too many tweets, make a twit

i dont think he said "twit", but either way, please dont quote that arsewipe, it's offensive

What a load of b*llocks.

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f**king what." - Stephen Fry.

Twitter is a joke - it's a better known, better populated version of My Space and Bebo from the early 00's. Aside from the music magazines plugging the bands that appeared on those sites, I don't remember the press paying any attention to what people posted on there whatsoever. Why do they do so now? This is a story of no consequence to anyone yet it's been blown up to the point where a grown man has had to write an apology or probably face a disciplinary procedure/fine/the sack.

When did we turn into a nation of cry babies and whiners? Why does everyone have a skin thinner than sugar paper now?

Much like the Collymore thing, my issue has nothing to do with whether it's offensive, it's just embarrassing for the club.

On the flip side of your argument, a 'nation of cry babies' is often being used to justify idiots acting like idiots. There has to be some sort of middle ground. Not everyone that is offended by something is an overly sensitive cry baby. (Obviously not talking about this scenario, just the general attitude.

Much like the Collymore thing, my issue has nothing to do with whether it's offensive, it's just embarrassing for the club.

On the flip side of your argument, a 'nation of cry babies' is often being used to justify idiots acting like idiots. There has to be some sort of middle ground. Not everyone that is offended by something is an overly sensitive cry baby. (Obviously not talking about this scenario, just the general attitude.

Dunno. I think getting in a mard over something some bloke said on the internet about your football club is more embarrassing to you and your club than it is to that someone putting your club down in a childish and not particularly cutting way.

I wonder if Mick McCarthy (Who I actually rate and like) and Steven Hunt have actually ever made a difference to any ones life?

Wonder if they knew what his job was before coming to Derby?

What was his job before he came to Derby? Not that it has any relevance to what Hunt and McCarthy said.

Archived