John Vicars

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was a copper, and a senior one at that. Worked his way up the ranks and did some very 'good' stuff.

I didn't know that - and can't immediately find anything on the web to back it up, so I assume you have inside knowledge?

It doesn't surprise me actually - having met him a couple of times, he does come across as a nice guy who you know can be an utter barsteward as and when required (and that's not a criticism - it's actually a good thing in the circumstances)

Surely you would check your bank statement though?

One would. And some would think

"wow, I am quids in"

and

"why am I quids in to tune of ~

It's interesting that in JV's apology he says that his tweets were aimed at 'Derby fans'. Surely his tweets mocking DCFC fans last year were against them? My friend has been a fan all her life. Yes, she was naive, yes she should have checked her bank statements [lesson learned] but she's young and made a mistake. Now her mistake is being discussed on forums etc when it never should have been made public. I repeat, can you imagine any other company allowing this to happen? It wasn't banter to her- it deeply upset her and her family. 

It's interesting that in JV's apology he says that his tweets were aimed at 'Derby fans'. Surely his tweets mocking DCFC fans last year were against them? My friend has been a fan all her life. Yes, she was naive, yes she should have checked her bank statements [lesson learned] but she's young and made a mistake. Now her mistake is being discussed on forums etc when it never should have been made public. I repeat, can you imagine any other company allowing this to happen? It wasn't banter to her- it deeply upset her and her family. 

Is it not being discussed on one forum, and because you bought it up...?

Sorry for her mistake, but JV's twitter is his own, his views by no mean equal those of the club

Is it not being discussed on one forum, and because you bought it up...?

Sorry for her mistake, but JV's twitter is his own, his views by no mean equal those of the club

I didn't bring it up- I was defending my friend. 

His views may be his own but he works for the club and his tweets are mainly about the club.

I'm on your side here Alpha me owd. Personally i don't "do"offended.

I just get the feeling that if the Ipswich COO criticised our style of play and support plenty of DCFC fans would tell him to stfu.

Yeah they would

Didn't Fawaz have a pop about our defeat at Wembley?

You just have to be able to take it if you give it.

The problem was, John Vicars made a wrong assumption - he assumed that your friend had done what many normal people would have done - and the only reason that it is being 'discussed' now is because her 'friend' keeps making references to it in every single post he/she makes.

But with all respect, we don't know either you or your friend because you have never been named, only the circumstances you have decided to advise a forum about. Looking in from the outside you seem massively over sensitive about this.

Only the circumstances you have decided to advise a forum about.

Again, I didn't bring it up- nor did I last year when some truly horrible things were written about her. I felt, as she was brought up again in this thread, I should try and defend her somewhat.

Looking in from the outside you seem massively over sensitive about this.

Yes, you are looking in from the outside. True, some people can brush off comments but she is the sort of person who struggles with this kind of thing. People react differently and that should be taken on board. 

To be fair to DCFCSI, I was the one that brought it up last year. I don't know any of the people involved but thought it was very unprofessional that Vicars was tweeting out personal situations.

I put a link up for the thread earlier in this one. It's 'John Vicars' twitter'

Only the circumstances you have decided to advise a forum about.

Again, I didn't bring it up- nor did I last year when some truly horrible things were written about her. I felt, as she was brought up again in this thread, I should try and defend her somewhat.

Looking in from the outside you seem massively over sensitive about this.

Yes, you are looking in from the outside. True, some people can brush off comments but she is the sort of person who struggles with this kind of thing. People react differently and that should be taken on board. 

Shame she is so sensitive, shame she not value money/control her money yet.

Seriously, this a life long learning. Be diligent, pay attention to some detail, and do not get offended as JV tweeted the truth and did not (as far as i can tell) in anyway identify your friend

also, his tweets regarding Ipswich in no way whatsoever made anyone other than yourselves think about the " we are owed

Shame she is so sensitive, shame she not value money/control her money yet.

Seriously, this a life long learning. Be diligent, pay attention to some detail, and do not get offended as JV tweeted the truth and did not (as far as i can tell) in anyway identify your friend

also, his tweets regarding Ipswich in no way whatsoever made anyone other than yourselves think about the " we are owed

Oxymoron there.

No, I think you misunderstood. A man cancelled his ST because the football was rubbish (according to Vicars). This annoys me as I'm someone who will always stick with Derby. It clearly annoyed Vicars as well and that's understandable. But in his job, the correct response was to welcome these fans back. 

Archived