John Vicars

North_Stand_Ram

What was his job before he came to Derby? Not that it has any relevance to what Hunt and McCarthy said.

He was a copper, and a senior one at that. Worked his way up the ranks and did some very 'good' stuff.

I just like the way that Hunt dismisses him as if football is the be all and end all of things, when in bigger scheme of things it's just a game.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have not relied thus far but now I feel the need to.

My friend was one of the people on the receiving end of John Vicars' tweets last year.

She was not confrontational- purely frustrated as to why her customer number was not working to get a Wembley ticket- as any fan would be. 

I know for a fact that she was nothing but lovely to staff when trying to get a ticket on the phone... she wouldn't be anything but.

When she learned [through Twitter of all places] that her direct debit was not working she was absolutely devastated. She paid the full amount [not an easy task but she did it]. She was highly embarrased and apologised over and over to DCFC. 

It was then that people informed her [and me] of John Vicars' tweets against her. I, for one, was flabbergasted. I was with her and she was in floods of tears. It was so vicious and I have never before known a company to single out a person on social media. What was even more shocking was that the tweet was posted before SHE knew of her mistake. 

She was deeply affected by the incident- and from the comments made on here. JV may not have mentioned her by name but she, her friends and family all knew who he was referring to... and she didn't deserve it for one second.

DCFC are a company. We, the fans, are customers. This man has attacked DCFC fans on social media, who he knows nothing about. I cannot believe how unprofessional a leader in the company could be. We may say that he is 'one of us...one of the fans' etc... but he represents the club. Fans first? Not from I've seen. 

Put it this way... if a customer at Argos unknowingly owed money- would a representative of Argos TWEET that somebody did so? Even mentioning the amount that the customer owed? It's flabbergasting and breathtakingly unprofessional.  

Mick McCarthy calls it sausageter. HA HA HA. He's a comedian. Does anyone have Roy Keane's number. May want to pass it along to John V. John V and Roy K might be able to bond a bit over ole Mick. Plus, who did ROY say was the best manager he ever played for? Brian Clough. Yes our Brian over Sir Alex, BURN.

Storm in a teacup. Vicars is good at his job, loves the club and is likeable - even if he makes the odd mistake. He slipped up, he'll have had his wrist slapped. Move on.

Dunno. I think getting in a mard over something some bloke said on the internet about your football club is more embarrassing to you and your club than it is to that someone putting your club down in a childish and not particularly cutting way.

Exactly.

Someone start selling tissues at Portman Road.

I have not relied thus far but now I feel the need to.

My friend was one of the people on the receiving end of John Vicars' tweets last year.

She was not confrontational- purely frustrated as to why her customer number was not working to get a Wembley ticket- as any fan would be.

I know for a fact that she was nothing but lovely to staff when trying to get a ticket on the phone... she wouldn't be anything but.

When she learned [through Twitter of all places] that her direct debit was not working she was absolutely devastated. She paid the full amount [not an easy task but she did it]. She was highly embarrased and apologised over and over to DCFC.

It was then that people informed her [and me] of John Vicars' tweets against her. I, for one, was flabbergasted. I was with her and she was in floods of tears. It was so vicious and I have never before known a company to single out a person on social media. What was even more shocking was that the tweet was posted before SHE knew of her mistake.

She was deeply affected by the incident- and from the comments made on here. JV may not have mentioned her by name but she, her friends and family all knew who he was referring to... and she didn't deserve it for one second.

DCFC are a company. We, the fans, are customers. This man has attacked DCFC fans on social media, who he knows nothing about. I cannot believe how unprofessional a leader in the company could be. We may say that he is 'one of us...one of the fans' etc... but he represents the club. Fans first? Not from I've seen.

How was she deeply affected by the incident?

If Vicars called me an absolute bell end on twitter by my actual real name and I guarantee I wouldn't miss a single second of sleep.

I find Vicars a massive help on twitter and his tweets are really good for the fans to read on most occasions.

Any concerns etc he's there to help.

This is great banter but like you all say un-professional. From looks of things he was hacked most likely a Norwich fan could of been the same dude who hacked this forum :ph34r:  !?!

Apology by Vicars

DERBY County chief operating officer John Vicars has apologised for comments he made on Twitter following the Rams' 1-0 win at Ipswich Town on Saturday.Chris Martin scored the only goal of a tight game to send Derby joint-top of the league.Mr Vicars

How was she deeply affected by the incident?

If Vicars called me an absolute bell end on twitter by my actual real name and I guarantee I wouldn't miss a single second of sleep.

Exactly.

Vicars' tweets are personal opinion, not meant to be representative of the club. If you want those tweets, follow @dcfcofficial or the one for the ticket office.

I like we have a man who is passionate about the club, not afraid to interact, not afraid to have a laugh or poke fun where necessary. It's absolutely no difference to how we would act.

TobyWanKenobi

Disappointed that some saddos felt that he needed to apologise. For a little bit of Twitter banter? Grow up. I'm of to twitter to troll some Ipswich fans.

The learning for Mr. Vicars is to do his job quietly and professionally behind the scenes. We don't want or need a Chief Operating Officer trying to be funny or ingratiate himself to the fans on Twitter.

Agree. It's not the most professional. Could argue it's just being one of us? Dunno

But nobody was offended by it were they.

Agree. It's not the most professional. Could argue it's just being one of us? Dunno

But nobody was offended by it were they.

I'm on your side here Alpha me owd. Personally i don't "do"offended. 

I just get the feeling that if the Ipswich COO criticised our style of play and support plenty of DCFC fans would tell him to stfu.

Archived