Derby County v Notts Forest

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say Forest deserved to win, as all they did was simply hoof it forward, but we certainly deserved to lose.

The midfield was absolutely woeful, very reminscent of the Wigan game and proof of how much we rely on Will Hughes.

Bryson was shocking, Hendrick didn't touch the ball and Mascarell never showed for it.

Defensively we were fine, ableit conceding softly from a freekick, but they had no options to play the ball out from the back as Hughes was the only outlet in the first half. 

So so poor from Derby and a real shame as we looked comfortable in the first half. 

Martin must be so p!ssed off with that performance. 

We need Thorne back, we need a solid Ibe replacement for extra options and without Hughes we will definitely need a new midfielder.

No midfield second half. Crap.

No Hughes, no Eustace......and definitely no Bryson!!!!

More gutted about performance. Nit even a smash and grab. They had possession, won endless free kicks in our half.

Awful ..... Big performance in fa cup will see the team start to change. Unfortunately bent seemed at sea. Lost a routine chance to hold ball up...from which they broke and scored.

Best team won and they were crap.

You think so?

I thought they played really well second half. They harried, they were up for it and they completely nullified one of the in form teams.

I think you're wearing your Derby hat somewhat.

A very good away from performance from Forest.

Fully deserved.

We played like the away side and henceforth never tested their keeper all afternoon.

No complaints whatsoever.

Onwards and upwards. That is the Championship.

I wouldn't say hoofing the ball and playing for the corner flag and long throws is a very good performance.

And in the first half we had some decent chances, not getting to 2-0 was a killer.

Agree with the rest though, I have no complaints and with a midfield display such as that in the second half we fully deserved to lose.

Didn't impose ourselves on the game really. Certainly not second half. Wasn't too dissimilar from the Ipswich game which could have gone either way. Today it didn't go for us. At home would like to see us playing our football though and dictating the match. As already said, we missed Hughes second half

Don't feel too bad as we got exactly what that second half performance deserved. Always looked like it was coming as they took control of game. Warnock gotta go straight in. We are a way short of deserving to go straight up. Got to improve all round. Had enough 'blips' for a season. SSA

I wouldn't say hoofing the ball and playing for the corner flag and long throws is a very good performance.

And in the first half we had some decent chances, not getting to 2-0 was a killer.

Agree with the rest though, I have no complaints and with a midfield display such as that in the second half we fully deserved to lose.

What is it with you and your obsession with hoofball.

Derby play there fair share of 'hoofball'. Against Ipswich we were very much hoofball.

They were playing against a top side, they nullified us.

They deserve credit. They were far more dangerous then we were.

Archived