The Fawaz Circus 2015

Cardifframs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43791

Six pages of comedy gold. I honestly can't believe how much backing Fawaz gets. Do they not realise what he's doing to them?

At least under ND they had two top six finishes. Only place they're going under Fawaz is League One.

wow!! I thought I'd click on that and read a good debate. Instead it's a few people daring to ask the question of whether Fawaz is unsuitable, and most people defending him, like he's a 5 year old and he's trying his best, so you can't really be angry with him.

'At least he's not tried to change the club colours or badge' is one. Well that's alright then.

'I'd rather have him, who 'bleeds garibaldi', than the Glazers, who have turned their club into a soulless multi national franchise'

'I don't care what happens off the field, I'll just carry on supporting the team on match days.'

Yeah, they absolutely deserve everything they're about to get. 

Sorry but I disagree Tombo, it wouldn't be sad to see them ruined, a while ago I'd have agreed, but years of living and working amongst them has made me realise they deserve everything possible Fawaz can inflict on them.

Almost to a man, they love Fawaz, they think it's funny how he let's small businesses go to the wall rather than pay them(it's the Arab way), they lap it up when he poses with a dead ram, or in front of a 'we hate Derby' flag.

The few with a brain cell post their misgivings online, and are instantly met with a heap of abuse for daring to criticise.

Fawaz himself posts 'love me please' tweets by the dozen and the stupid inbred ******** flock to supply him with the ego boost he is so obviously is missing in his day to day life.

They live in their glorious past, long gone, and are too dumb, blind or scared to see where Fawaz is taking them, they'd rather stick their heads in the sand than face what everyone else can see, like lemmings they will follow the head lemming off the cliff into oblivion, and I for one won't miss them.

Yes, but apart from that....

Yep, that thread is exactly why I don't care what happens to them. They excuse everything he does. If they had turned on him after it became clear to the rest of football that they've got a nut case in charge I think I'd feel for them. Probably put rivalry aside to stop a fellow football fan losing his club. 

But nah, fook em. They can kiss his arse all the way into oblivion. 

Yep, that thread is exactly why I don't care what happens to them. They excuse everything he does. If they had turned on him after it became clear to the rest of football that they've got a nut case in charge I think I'd feel for them. Probably put rivalry aside to stop a fellow football fan losing his club. 

But nah, fook em. They can kiss his arse all the way into oblivion. 

in some ways, that 'putting rivLries aside' might have been a decent outcome. There's nothing more humiliating than being saved by your worst enemy, and no matter what happens we'd always be able to say, 'you owe us, remember that time we helped save you from oivion?'.

but it's too late for that now. Let em be the first European cup winners to play in 4th tier of their domestic league, and rot there. I'm sure we can invent a pretty juicy rivalry with Burnley or so someone instead. 

The funny thing is, Blackpool, for example. Not the fans fault, you really feel for the fans. Hull, Cardiff, all those teams they site as having worse owners than them. That might be true, but at least the fans recognise it and have done what they can, or at worst been victim to a marauding dictator.

But at forest they have been completely complicit. When they spent £8m on assambalonga, they lapped it up. When they had multiple winding up orders, they laughed it off. The fans are as much to blame as Fawaz in this sorry affair. 

Fridgy gauges public opinion by reading messages, and the response to his messages, on Twitter.

It's a classic case of the blind leading the blind - only nobody can be sure who is actually leading. Perfectly natural - and it can end in only one way.

The funny thing is, Blackpool, for example. Not the fans fault, you really feel for the fans. Hull, Cardiff, all those teams they site as having worse owners than them. That might be true, but at least the fans recognise it and have done what they can, or at worst been victim to a marauding dictator.

But at forest they have been completely complicit. When they spent £8m on assambalonga, they lapped it up. When they had multiple winding up orders, they laughed it off. The fans are as much to blame as Fawaz in this sorry affair. 

This ^

They're their own worst enemies.  The wanted Doughty out because he (wisely) wouldn't give King Bill-eh the keys to the kingdom and they eventually hounded him into an early grave.  Then they wanted a Mr Moneybags to come along and save them and they got this clown who's more interested in retweets and being popular than running the club.

I'm sure there's the odd sane one among them and I do feel sorry for them but for all the knuckle-draggers who lap his bulls**t up I hope he ruins them, as they'll be partly to blame...

They involve me working from what we can offer players.  We've been chasing Lansbury since this time last year, through the January window and into this preseason - we'll have known what wages he's expecting and wouldn't have chased otherwise.  Working from there it's not much of a leap to make assumptions about what you would be paying Shackell because, as I've said, it would have to be at the very least the same we can offer.

Anyway, off topic and we're retreading tired ground.  Hopefully we'll give you further reason to laugh at Forest by stealing their captain.  The bitter tweets would be, I'm sure, an absolute gold-mine.

I would have put my life savings on Dyche's rant being based on frustration at losing his captain and highly exaggerated at best. 

I'm not saying Derby are more likely to go up than Burnley but look at the facts. We've signed some real quality this summer and hung onto our best players,  on the flip side you've lost your two best players and signed Vossen who isn't bad but I'd imagine boro would have got him with their spending power had they wanted him?

like I said not for any second suggesting were more likely to go up, just highlighting how shac kell might see it?

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43791

Six pages of comedy gold. I honestly can't believe how much backing Fawaz gets. Do they not realise what he's doing to them?

At least under ND they had two top six finishes. Only place they're going under Fawaz is League One.

There are some absolute nutters on some of the forest forums. Here's another collection of observational comment on Fawaz featuring some views from one of my particular favourites Lvivska, who I definitely don't think I'd like to meet on a dark night - anywhere.

http://www.forestfans.net/index.php?/topic/20051-fawaz-3-years-on/page-4

A positive suggestion for Forest: Change that sign so it reads something more uplifting and meaningful to the forest faithful. Make it "Then,now,forever, Fawaz" that and renaming the executive stand after Billy Davies.

Although, in truth, we all know it should be rebranded "land for potential redevelopment as high end residential plots" and Meadow Lane can become Nottinghams League 1 San Siro......

in some ways, that 'putting rivLries aside' might have been a decent outcome. There's nothing more humiliating than being saved by your worst enemy, and no matter what happens we'd always be able to say, 'you owe us, remember that time we helped save you from oivion?'.

but it's too late for that now. Let em be the first European cup winners to play in 4th tier of their domestic league, and rot there. I'm sure we can invent a pretty juicy rivalry with Burnley or so someone instead

Notts County perhaps.

Didn't Juventus get slapped down a few divisions over corruption a few years back? Granted, forest could be the first to get there naturally through failure.

That was for match fixing I believe

I would have put my life savings on Dyche's rant being based on frustration at losing his captain and highly exaggerated at best. 

I'm not saying Derby are more likely to go up than Burnley but look at the facts. We've signed some real quality this summer and hung onto our best players,  on the flip side you've lost your two best players and signed Vossen who isn't bad but I'd imagine boro would have got him with their spending power had they wanted him?

like I said not for any second suggesting were more likely to go up, just highlighting how shac kell might see it?

So you're saying Shackell will have taken a lower paying offer, from a side that was clearly showing financial ambition, to play the same amount of first team football at the same level?

Even if he thought he had more chance going up with Derby, a fair assumption to make btw, why would he take less money when a) he'd have to relocate and b) you're clearly not being shy with money having just broken your transfer record.  No player, let alone agent, would sit back and accept a smaller offer than they had at their current club.  I mean, you're suggesting he'd take considerably less than Bent and Ince when out of all your signings he's the only one coming off the back of a full season of Premier League football.

There's no doubt he preferred the move to Derby but that doesn't mean he'd take smaller wages than he could get elsewhere.  At the very least they'd match what we can offer, which seems to be around the £23-25k mark.

Also, Genk confirmed that Boro had a bid for Vossen accepted but the player rejected their offer to sign for Burnley.

So you're saying Shackell will have taken a lower paying offer, from a side that was clearly showing financial ambition, to play the same amount of first team football at the same level?

Even if he thought he had more chance going up with Derby, a fair assumption to make btw, why would he take less money when a) he'd have to relocate and b) you're clearly not being shy with money having just broken your transfer record.  No player, let alone agent, would sit back and accept a smaller offer than they had at their current club.  I mean, you're suggesting he'd take considerably less than Bent and Ince when out of all your signings he's the only one coming off the back of a full season of Premier League football.

There's no doubt he preferred the move to Derby but that doesn't mean he'd take smaller wages than he could get elsewhere.  At the very least they'd match what we can offer, which seems to be around the £23-25k mark.

Also, Genk confirmed that Boro had a bid for Vossen accepted but the player rejected their offer to sign for Burnley.

I don't think hes on less money I just dont believe that we offered him wages you couldn't match. I'd be shocked if he was on more than 25k a week though stranger things have happened. 

I just think that Dyche took it personally because it made him look like he had egg on his face after his 'we do not need to sell' bravado. I don't think players are solely motivated by money, I honestly think that at the stage he is at in his career he firmly believed his best chance of playing in the prem was with us (however accurate or inaccurate that may be, we'll know by May). 

Also one last point, if you're guessing at him being on 25-30k here and Dyche is blasting that as 'astronomical' then surely he won't go to such astronomical wages of 25k which is probably what Lansbury is looking for??? Not a dig just a question given his comments and your estimations

I don't think hes on less money I just dont believe that we offered him wages you couldn't match. I'd be shocked if he was on more than 25k a week though stranger things have happened. 

I just think that Dyche took it personally because it made him look like he had egg on his face after his 'we do not need to sell' bravado. I don't think players are solely motivated by money, I honestly think that at the stage he is at in his career he firmly believed his best chance of playing in the prem was with us (however accurate or inaccurate that may be, we'll know by May). 

Also one last point, if you're guessing at him being on 25-30k here and Dyche is blasting that as 'astronomical' then surely he won't go to such astronomical wages of 25k which is probably what Lansbury is looking for??? Not a dig just a question given his comments and your estimations

I'd say that was Dyche's exaggeration, though I believe he was meaning that your were paying multiple players a similar amount that Shackell was being offered.  We have a very fixed wage cap, have done for ages and don't break it for anyone.  If we sign Lansbury on £23-25k a week he'll be the only player at the cap, we could only afford one or two players at that level whereas you have (IMO) 4 or 5 at that level or higher.

The "We don't have to sell" statement was made well into the negotiations with Shackell so I don't think egg on face is true, he was making a public effort to drive up the price which was successful - we got over £3million for a near 32 y/o defender with a year left on his deal.

We'll never know the wages so it's all hypothetical but from where I'm looking I'm certain that Shackell will be on over £25k a week.  Ofcourse that's just my opinion but I've given my reasons for thinking that.

Going to leave it there on this topic.  I doubt I'll change your mind and you're not going to change mine so agree to disagree and I'll leave this to get back on topic.

Both finished above Derby last year and have featured in the top flight more recently than them too...

oh yeah. 

Scratch that.

Both places are so metropolitan and have so much going for them!

Burnley are a selling club with 50s facilities. Boro is polluted shizzlehole where fans are told not to sing!

Archived