Moaning fans near you

Chris Mills

I don't know about you guys, but where my season ticket is, there are 4-5 REALLY annoying "fans" behind me that seem to enjoy it whilst we are doing badly and if we are winning seem to be quiet!

Classic example is yesterday after Butland saved the penalty they instantly started moaning about him! The guy has just saved a penalty cut him some slack! Then the whole game they shout "go forwards" when there is a wall of 5-6 opposition players in front of them. Does my head in. 

Seem to expect us to win every single game 6-0 and never pass the ball backwards or side to side.

Anyone else have a similar experience? 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, have just posted it on another thread as I didn't see this one.

Without going over it again, people seem to think the opposition are just there to allow us to look great, pass it around them and score goals by the bucket load, or all we have to do is run onto the pitch and a thrashing is guaranteed.

Agree with the Butland thing, people were moaning about his kicking just after he'd saved the penalty. Tw@ts. It actually started spoiling my "enjoyment" of the game.

Yes, have just posted it on another thread as I didn't see this one.

Without going over it again, people seem to think the opposition are just there to allow us to look great, pass it around them and score goals by the bucket load, or all we have to do is run onto the pitch and a thrashing is guaranteed.

Agree with the Butland thing, people were moaning about his kicking just after he'd saved the penalty. Tw@ts. It actually started spoiling my "enjoyment" of the game.

For me, after saving the penalty, Butland could do no wrong. I genuinely didn't care about his kicking...     :lol:

Got quite a few sensible folk around me actually, several times I have heard someone say something and go "Actually... that's a good point". A rare occurrence I know, as I have sat near some real idiots before. Although I will say one row up and two seats to the right seems to love the good old fashioned "gerrit forward" but you can just ignore them sometimes.

I don't know about you guys, but where my season ticket is, there are 4-5 REALLY annoying "fans" behind me that seem to enjoy it whilst we are doing badly and if we are winning seem to be quiet!

Classic example is yesterday after Butland saved the penalty they instantly started moaning about him! The guy has just saved a penalty cut him some slack! Then the whole game they shout "go forwards" when there is a wall of 5-6 opposition players in front of them. Does my head in.

Seem to expect us to win every single game 6-0 and never pass the ball backwards or side to side.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

My 2 old neighbours on the west stand were exactly like that. Their favourite comment was "bloody rubbish Derby".

So I changed seats.

My 2 old neighbours on the west stand were exactly like that. Their favourite comment was "bloody rubbish Derby".

So I changed seats.

Theres a guy behind me that loves to shout "HIT HIM". I think he means tackle him but just sounds completely ridiculous. 

There is a pretty funny guy near me that shouts "bloody ref" whenever a decision doesn't go our way but I dont mind him, he makes me laugh.

I'm glad someone mentioned this. Poor game yesterday but the fans were diabolical. Top of the league, how many clean sheets and fans were tutting and moaning every time we tried to play it between the ch's and Butland and every time a pass was misplaced.I could see that this was getting to the players.If the fans got behind the team it might just give the players that extra lift to go on and win the game.Same at Wembley, Zamora scored in the 90th minute, when there were 5 or so minutes left to play, and the fans were absolutely silent....shocking really!This squad has exceeded expectations, but i think it's a certain loud minority of fans that are letting the club down!

I'm glad someone mentioned this. Poor game yesterday but the fans were diabolical. Top of the league, how many clean sheets and fans were tutting and moaning every time we tried to play it between the ch's and Butland and every time a pass was misplaced.I could see that this was getting to the players.If the fans got behind the team it might just give the players that extra lift to go on and win the game.Same at Wembley, Zamora scored in the 90th minute, when there were 5 or so minutes left to play, and the fans were absolutely silent....shocking really!This squad has exceeded expectations, but i think it's a certain loud minority of fans that are letting the club down!

Welcome to the forum, person with impossible name to pronounce. Interesting thought about if and how it affects the players. It's one of my bugbears when people moan about the players when they are keeping possession of the football!

Not sure I agree with Wembley though, given what had happened prior to the goal everyone was sent into a state of complete shock!

Annoying fecker behind me. His favourite phrases are as follows -

"I love him but I hate him going down like that" - About Martin. Fair enough, but do you have to say it every single time? Early in the Fulham game, he promised that Martin was a one season wonder.

"I love him. I just love him." - About Ward. Every time he touches the ball

"Get Besty on" - Any time during the second half when we aren't winning. Repeats every five minutes or so.

If you sit in the North stand, and this sounds like you. Feck off

Annoying fecker behind me. His favourite phrases are as follows -

"I love him but I hate him going down like that" - About Martin. Fair enough, but do you have to say it every single time? Early in the Fulham game, he promised that Martin was a one season wonder.

"I love him. I just love him." - About Ward. Every time he touches the ball

"Get Besty on" - Any time during the second half when we aren't winning. Repeats every five minutes or so.

If you sit in the North stand, and this sounds like you. Feck off

Just thought I'd let you know you've got a horrible bald patch mate.

The lads seem to play better away from home in front of us Plastics. See we are more positive, like to sing and cheer on our heroes. Home fans. Meh.

Archived