Worst performance under McClaren?

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams find it easier to stop us playing from the back when Eustace and Whitbread play as opposed to Thorne/Mascarelll and Buxton and maybe Shotton.

We need to improve the defensive passing and get Butland to practice kicking it 50 yards onto not over Forsyth's head for when we do need to go long.

Typical.....for the first time ever my lad took interest in watching the football highlights. I haven't even put the league show on....just reiterated we never want dirty leeds, florists or Liverpool to win. He gets the message!

We were poor. This time it wasn't about being unlucky or conceding one goal against the way of play like QPR. We weren't bullied or outdone by cynical strategy like Millwall at home last year. We were just toss and deserved to lose.

Problem is not our lack of Plan B. If this was the case, every team would do what Wigan did and play a high line putting pressure on our back four so we can't play out from the back and we would never win. I just think Butland and Whitbread struggled to fit in to our distribution plan. We can play off the long ball when we get it to our full backs correctly.

Distribution from the back was so poor it meant we never had chance to get going. Kicking from Butland the worst I have ever seen from a keeper, Whitbread and Forsyth shocking delivery, even Christie wasn't getting forward as he usually does and didn't see any of Keogh's surges to the half way line.

With Whitbread passing back to the goalie so often and then him kicking it straight out, it just meant stoppage after stoppage and never got the remotest semblance of any rhythm.

Archived