Mason Bennett recalled

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's not really excelled yet has he. hasnt really set the world alight when he's had the opportunity either. his physical development was very much ahead of his age group a few years back, seems like people may have caught him up. but the under21s seems like a good level for him to be playing at. learning from and playing with potential 1sters a couple of years down the line. surely better getting trained here and playing with Thomas, Calero, Santos and Mascerel is a better education and a basis for a team knowing each other, than hoofing it round in Bradford. especially if you arent playing that much. maybe we should have sold him to city all those years back.

He's quick, nothing more.  Never seen what all the fuss is about with Bennett. He'll be in L2 in 5 years.

He is a very good finisher.A natural finisher. Very strong on the ball too. Just look at the Man U players LVG has given opportunities to. Some of which who have played at our level and  were average or did not impress and others who haven't even done that. 

People criticizing an 18 year old who has barley played and been played as far out wide as possible. Who has played most his games for us as a 16/17 year old. Sam people who wrote off Hendrick maybe?

Rather Bennett than Sammon and Best.

Totally agree.... I'm sure people don't realise how far we've come.... Not so long ago we had Tomas Priskin up front and Dean Moxey filling in on odd games....

People criticizing an 18 year old who has barley played and been played as far out wide as possible. Who has played most his games for us as a 16/17 year old. Sam people who wrote off Hendrick maybe? 

I have not seen anybody write him off.

Just because some people think he has not lived up to expectation yet, does not mean they have written him off!

Don't forget when his name was first heard about he was going to be a future England star blah blah blah....and people then expect him to be playing for England by time he is 18 (like Owen and Rooney etc)

I hope I am proven wrong but I tend to agree with people who say that now he no longer has the physical edge on his opponents he is not as effective and I know there are a few in the club that think the same.

As someone else on here has said, he does not do the basics very well but that tends to get overlooked.

So glad he's been recalled.

He needs to be at Derby for his development.

Not the finished article but gives us another option up front.

Just needs to knuckle down that's all.

Pace to burn but needs to improve 1st touch and finishing IMO .

Don't want to lose Mason he has a big future.

I was just inviting people to speculate.

He scored 1 goal in 13 appearances. Perhaps they don't want him any more.

He scored 1 goal in 4 starts. Dont know that a team can send someone back can they? But I guess its just that if he isnt starting enough games , Derby would rather have him back. Maybe a bit of both really, they dont want to pay his wages if he's not playing, we dont want him out on loan if hes not playing so we mutually agree to have him back.    

He's barely played because he's not really good enough. Hendrick and Hughes looked very good from the off, Callum Ball and Bennett didn't really.  For me if you don't show a great deal of promise by the time you're 18 you probably won't make it that far.  Bennett looked OK for his age whereas Hendrick and Hughes just looked good - for any age.

I posted a thread on the subject of Bennett's disappointing development only last week. Reading the comments above it seems more people agree with me than I thought.

We certainly shouldn't write off an 18 year old yet but I say again; if he was that good he would be playing regularly for us, never mind Bradford.

The new Izale McCloud perhaps??

He scored 1 goal in 4 starts. Dont know that a team can send someone back can they? But I guess its just that if he isnt starting enough games , Derby would rather have him back. Maybe a bit of both really, they dont want to pay his wages if he's not playing, we dont want him out on loan if hes not playing so we mutually agree to have him back.    

If that were so, i hope we send Beast back, he's no better than Bennett, except that he has experience ,and he has 350 pairs of trainers :wacko:

Just watching Forest against Cardiff and Assaombalofjdifjaga has a very similar physique to Bennett, although slightly smaller. Looking at his record he played 4 games at Watford and didn't score once and had loan spells at a couple of conference clubs and then at Southend and scored goals for fun and then he got his move to Peterborough and went on from there. These loan moves were all about when he was Bennetts age. I wonder if McClaren would consider doing a similar thing with Bennett maybe a loan out to Burton/Chesterfield/Mansfield to get him more games?

Archived