Mason Bennett recalled

DcFc Dyycheee

The football club can confirm that Derby County have recalled Mason Bennett from his loan period at the Coral Windows Stadium.

Bennett was due to remain with the Bantams until the turn of the year but he will now return to Derby's iPro Stadium with immediate effect. 

The striker made 13 appearances for Phil Parkinson's men after signing on loan from the Rams back in August. 

Bennett's only goal for the club came during City's 3-1 away win at Crawley Town later that month. 

The club would like to place on record their sincere thanks for all of Mason's efforts during his time at Valley Parade and wish him nothing but success in the future. 

Read more at http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/article/bennett-recalled-by-derby-2014716.aspx#jWFLTY2gYFhL2Alm.99

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seams a little strange to me?

Don't see that we have a need for him at this present time. Unless the management feel that his development is being stifled there and not playing to his strengths would be nice for some clarity?

Just hope that if he is back here for the long term that he is able to get some game time I.e Fulham away in Cup Maybe as our new CF instead of best...

Think he only started 4 games. I know a few Chesterfield fans who were far from impressed with him when they had him last season.

Starting to think he may be struggling to fulfil his potential....(yes I know he is still only 18)

Think hes been recalled because hes not staring enough games which was the whole point of him being sent on loan.

Ive been impressed with what I have seen of Mason Bennett , but he needs to score more goals .

Only if you are credulous enough to swallow whole what football clubs tell you.

but it's not good enough for the press when Hodgson is honest....

I don't wish to knock the young lad, in the very few games I've seen him play - Bournemouth away being the last one, he didn't seem up to it for this level. Yes, he's fast, strong and can finish but couldn't trap a bag of cement and kept giving the ball away on that day.

I get the argument hes still young/learning but if you can't control the ball, keep under close control at 18 you never likely will.

Saying all that, a run of games to get his touch and confidence back might help.

Eh?

just tying in to the fact that Derby and Bradford have another story as to why Bennett has come back.... That's what your saying isn't it? If not my apologies

Archived