McClaren manager of the month nomination

Day

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DERBY County head coach Steve McClaren has been nominated for the Sky Bet Championship manager of the month award for September.

McClaren led the Rams to three wins and two draws in the league last month as they extended their unbeaten run to 10 matches in all competitions.

The former England boss will be up against Aitor Karanka (Middlesbrough), Mick McCarthy (Ipswich Town) and Bob Peeters (Charlton Athletic), with the winner announced tomorrow.

The Championship player of the month nominees are Cameron Jerome (Norwich City), Joe Lewis (Blackpool), Ben Marshall (Blackburn Rovers) and Tyrone Mings (Ipswich Town).

Remember the Curse of Toot and Carmen. Win the Manager of the Month then play like The Crankies on their day off, for the next month. Not going to happen to Derby County. I cannot see the Rams losing more than one game before Christmas.

I hope he doesn't win. Always spells doom.

I think there's a good chance he won't win. We've been steady, but nothing spectacular yet. (Although don't know what the other nominees have done). Which is just the way I like it. Loved it last year when we were sneaking under the radar.

Archived