If the season could finish tomorrow, would you take it?

Bris Vegas

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would prefer to finish top with a 6 point lead going into the last game, but if you could assure me that we would win the playoff final 6-0, being 3-0 up in ten minutes then I would take that as well. Unfortunately you assuring me this is as reliable as me assuring you the same thing. I'll carry on with hoping for a top 2 finish, and with promotion assured as early as possible.

17 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Absolutely not! There's more to come from this squad and I can't imagine Clements presiding over a collapse in the same way McLaren did.

One top quality signing, a winger and I can see us pulling away from the rest, with the exception of Boro.

I don't think we will collapse either but I think it would be foolish to write off Hull the only difference between us and them is the result between our sides. Could take a mammoth effort for any 3 of the teams and maybe even Brighton to get those 2 automatic spots maybe even the results between the sides could decide the positions.

11 minutes ago, gazram80 said:

I don't think we will collapse either but I think it would be foolish to write off Hull the only difference between us and them is the result between our sides. Could take a mammoth effort for any 3 of the teams and maybe even Brighton to get those 2 automatic spots maybe even the results between the sides could decide the positions.

Who's written off Hull - certainly not me!

Whether you answer 'yes' or 'no' to this indicates the extent of your confidence in the management and current squad to get the job done in the 2nd half of the season.

I do but think our chances are enhanced if we can get a wide player in who would be an improvement on Russell and Weimann.

I do believe that an extra winger one who is better than our current players would certainly enhance our chances and maybe I misread your post but I read it as you thought we may pull away from the rest bar boro. I think hull will add additions to there squad as well as Brighton boro etc and stand as much chance as ourselves

Forgot to quote Wolfie 20

18 hours ago, Kernow said:

You'd have to go back to 1997-98 to find a season where a team has achieved anything more than 87 points and not got automatically promoted. So if you wanted to set a 'guaranteed' benchmark, you'd have to go with 87 points. It would mean we need 40 points from 23 games, so we don't even need to replicate what we've done in this half of the season, even with a poor opening five games, to expect automatic promotion.

Would be silly to settle for play-offs at this stage. We're 5 points better off than we were this time last year.

I reckon this seasons top 4 are so far ahead of the rest of the pack that we will need probably around the 85 mark for autos. 90 for top spot. I think we can do it. 

3 hours ago, gazram80 said:

I do believe that an extra winger one who is better than our current players would certainly enhance our chances and maybe I misread your post but I read it as you thought we may pull away from the rest bar boro. I think hull will add additions to there squad as well as Brighton boro etc and stand as much chance as ourselves

Forgot to quote Wolfie 20

Agree with this,we do need to add someone, I'd have a striker and a winger.

I know we have Will and Fozzy to come back, but Hull, and Brighton have players

to come back as well  - it's not worth the risk at this stage, when we can put ourselves

in an even stronger position.

8 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Agree with this,we do need to add someone, I'd have a striker and a winger.

I know we have Will and Fozzy to come back, but Hull, and Brighton have players

to come back as well  - it's not worth the risk at this stage, when we can put ourselves

in an even stronger position.

I would like another striker but as much as I would I do not think a striker of good calibre would want to come to be back up to martin. Despite this barren spell of his he seems like he is invincible from being dropped? But that could be due to a number of things ie clement does not rate or have faith in bent. 

Before people start moaning and slatingthat point I am cm biggest fan and am not calling for him to be dropped or replaced.

Archived