Board/Card games

AmericanRam

I have been going back and forth on this damn Monopoly game with some friends of mine for about five hours now and no end is in sight.  Everyone has multiple hotels and houses.  The few breaks I have had with it have been much needed. Alas, whoever wins gets 50 dollars, so I will persevere.

Anyone have any favorite board or card games they play?  I play Texas hold-em poker quite a lot for minimal amounts of money, and I also sometimes play Rook or Gin Rummy.  Only board games I play besides Monopoly is Chess or Clue.  I also found a game recently called 'Ticket to Ride Europe' at a local thrift store but have not had time to play it yet.

P.S. I used to play strip poker with some sorority girls while in college, but that does not happen anymore since I started dating my lady. Bananas :(

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been going back and forth on this damn Monopoly game with some friends of mine for about five hours now and no end is in sight.  Everyone has multiple hotels and houses.  The few breaks I have had with it have been much needed. Alas, whoever wins gets 50 dollars, so I will persevere.

Anyone have any favorite board or card games they play?  I play Texas hold-em poker quite a lot for minimal amounts of money, and I also sometimes play Rook or Gin Rummy.  Only board games I play besides Monopoly is Chess or Clue.  I also found a game recently called 'Ticket to Ride Europe' at a local thrift store but have not had time to play it yet.

P.S. I used to play strip poker with some sorority girls while in college, but that does not happen anymore since I started dating my lady. Bananas :(

You're obsessed with keeping your lady happy.... Man up dude.

I bet there's quite a few versions of American Monopoly is there? We have loads over here. I like to collect a different one now and again, I think we have about 6 now. Have a really traditional one in a wooden box, to a Yorkshire & a Star Wars version. I'd love a New York one.

Anyway. I've only ever beaten Dav twice but can hardly ever afford hotels, when I do I consider it a fluke. And it's a fight to see who gets to be the banker.

..and if I want peace, I'll encourage our lad and Dav to have a game of chess, they enjoy it but I've never been able to get it so don't play.

As for card games I love to play Queenie (hardly anybody round here has heard of it but I bet Yorkshireram has - and maybe Daveo at a push), clock Solitair & Patience.

The occasional dabble on the Ouija Board or with the Tarot cards. Is there anybody there? Don't be bloody silly of course there ain't. So I put them toys away, untie the wife and lower her from the altar, and we have a game of Scrabble or perhaps Gin Rummy.

Draughts. Especially when you get to 'King' a piece, then bounce back and forth across the board taking everything out in one smooth hammerblow.

I have the POWER!!

I bet there's quite a few versions of American Monopoly is there? We have loads over here. I like to collect a different one now and again, I think we have about 6 now. Have a really traditional one in a wooden box, to a Yorkshire & a Star Wars version. I'd love a New York one.

Anyway. I've only ever beaten Dav twice but can hardly ever afford hotels, when I do I consider it a fluke. And it's a fight to see who gets to be the banker.

..and if I want peace, I'll encourage our lad and Dav to have a game of chess, they enjoy it but I've never been able to get it so don't play.

As for card games I love to play Queenie (hardly anybody round here has heard of it but I bet Yorkshireram has - and maybe Daveo at a push), clock Solitair & Patience.

Yeah their are lots.I have the regular one and a Lord of the Rings edition as well.

I remember the class gathering around an end of term game of strip poker.

the whole class had stiffies and couldn't move.

Made me laugh it did.

Monopoly is such a tedious game. After an hour it's clear who's going to win but then it drags on for another couple of hours, they should rename it Pancreatic Cancer.

Gin Rummy, Fives and Threes Dominoes and Scrabble. I play chess occasionally, so I beat people who can't play and lose to those you can.

Favourite game is Frustration. Simple but addictive.

Monopoly is such a tedious game. After an hour it's clear who's going to win but then it drags on for another couple of hours, they should rename it Pancreatic Cancer.

Lololol, you're so right!

But ya've put me right off now. Imagine the looks you'd get - 'let's have a game of pancreatic cancer..'

Erm....yer alright ta mate. Lol

Anyway, I'd give you a game of Scrabble, it's great.

Archived