Do you have any rules you try to follow in life ?

petersimple

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy the little things. The little things are all you have sometimes. Enjoy something as small as maybe a TV show you watch or maybe taking the dog for a walk, whatever takes your fancy.

In reality, everything you do is a "little thing", because in a few hundred years nobody is gonna know or care about anything you ever did. When you look at it that way, you could argue that the little things are what we live for.

This is always the statement made by someone that is and has always been affluent.

Michael Caine famously said "I have been rich and I have been poor, rich is better ".

Believe me after years of chasing money..... And paying back what I borrowed to fund my gambling, I'm more than happy with my lot.... As long as I can pay the bills and look after my kids well... I'm happy, money is secondary to me.

This is always the statement made by someone that is and has always been affluent.

Michael Caine famously said "I have been rich and I have been poor, rich is better ".

My favourite Caine quote was about his part in Jaws 3, ' I've never seen it, apparently it's awful, but I've seen the house it bought and it's lovely'.

'A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.'

'Life is like a game of poker. If you don't put any in the pot, their will be none to take out.'

''I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.'

''Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.'

Just some sayings I liked and have remembered over the years.

Are you a teacher by any chance?

Yes, you could say I am kind of teacher - a very old and wise one. I try to lead the lost and the gullible up the path to enlightenment. Unfortunately, many of them don't want to go there. They prefer to waste their time on sausages threads.

Yes, you could say I am kind of teacher - a very old and wise one. I try to lead the lost and the gullible up the path to enlightenment. Unfortunately, many of them don't want to go there. They prefer to waste their time on sausages threads.

I reckon the lost and gullible will stay just that if they dont ask any questions they dont know the answer to. 

"Never ask a question unless you know the answer".

Funny one that, that's the opposite to my attitude. If you don't ask, you will never know. My Great Auntie is one of the brightest people I know, she lectured at Durham. If she doesn't know something, she will always ask, no matter how trivial it might seem. That's how she can get to grips with any topic so quickly, even if she's not interested in it.

Archived