We seem to be feared

Jayweb95

I think some of our results have a lot to do with respect, teams respect our attacking ability and know how leathal we can be. Watched Blackburns manager give a pre match interview and he said that derby are a proven team and stuff like that. Last year we were really the dark horse.. So I think it should be taken into account.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some of our results have a lot to do with respect, teams respect our attacking ability and know how leathal we can be. Watched Blackburns manager give a pre match interview and he said that derby are a proven team and stuff like that. Last year we were really the dark horse.. So I think it should be taken into account.

Nasty stuff that Americanitus. Very contagious.

Think that's a fair point. By working hard to keep the nucleus of the team together over the summer, Mac has sent out a message that we intend to carry on where we left off last season, therefore opposition managers have had time to do their homework on us. The trick for Mac now is to keep the free flowing football that we love and has been successful but become wiser to the fact that we may have to adapt our style from time to time to combat negative tactics against us. As fans we may not like it as we want to see the cavalier style all the time but with an excellent squad at his disposal I think we finally have the flexibility to cope.

Before we played Blackburn at their place last season, we had just won 9 out of our 12 previous games. 

Do you really think they saw us as an easy test and we surprised them with the win? Not a chance. 

We may be more proven now because of last season, but no team is treating us differently from now than they did from October last year. What we're doing wrong is not playing as well, therefore not doing as well. As Alpha said in the other thread, if anyone's mentality has changed, it's ours. 

Tonight will be a big test, I fully expect us to lose because they're a good team with some momentum. The loss of Buxton will make Gestede that little more influential because we now haven't got anyone who can really compete with him in the air and if he can get Rhodes in the game then we're going to be up against it. Also, you've got to worry about Cairney who will drift in between the midfield and defensive gap and without a strict defensive midfielder then he could have a lot of space to play in. 

They play to the system we don't do well against and on a Wednesday night after a local Derby, it's likely we aren't going to be at our strongest. If we were to get the win and put in a good performance, I would be surprised and over the moon. Tough ask. 

Before we played Blackburn at their place last season, we had just won 9 out of our 12 previous games. 

Do you really think they saw us as an easy test and we surprised them with the win? Not a chance. 

We may be more proven now because of last season, but no team is treating us differently from now than they did from October last year. What we're doing wrong is not playing as well, therefore not doing as well. As Alpha said in the other thread, if anyone's mentality has changed, it's ours. 

Tonight will be a big test, I fully expect us to lose because they're a good team with some momentum. The loss of Buxton will make Gestede that little more influential because we now haven't got anyone who can really compete with him in the air and if he can get Rhodes in the game then we're going to be up against it. Also, you've got to worry about Cairney who will drift in between the midfield and defensive gap and without a strict defensive midfielder then he could have a lot of space to play in. 

They play to the system we don't do well against and on a Wednesday night after a local Derby, it's likely we aren't going to be at our strongest. If we were to get the win and put in a good performance, I would be surprised and over the moon. Tough ask. 

I don't disagree that it's Derby County that have changed this season, but nobody to compete with Gestede in the air because Buxton is injured? Whitbread is arguably better in the air than Buxton, surely? You'll probably throw some stats at me but Whitbread probably hasn't acquired enough information to be fairly compared statistically.

However, yeah, no, as you say, Blackburn will be a tough opposition this evening. They haven't kept a clean sheet this season yet and Derby are due a complete performance.

I don't disagree that it's Derby County that have changed this season, but nobody to compete with Gestede in the air because Buxton is injured? Whitbread is arguably better in the air than Buxton, surely? You'll probably throw some stats at me but Whitbread probably hasn't acquired enough information to be fairly compared statistically.

However, yeah, no, as you say, Blackburn will be a tough opposition this evening. They haven't kept a clean sheet this season yet and Derby are due a complete performance.

Yeah, Whitbread hasn't had enough but I was just going on the basis that Buxton is fairly dominant over Keogh in this area and Gestede is fairly dominant over, well, everyone. 

The only example I can use is Matt Smith in the last game of the season, he had the beating of both Whitbread and Keogh comfortably and Gestede is as dominant in the air as him. I read somewhere that he looked 'tired' though so hopefully he's benched. 

Keogh is that you?!

Yeah, Whitbread hasn't had enough but I was just going on the basis that Buxton is fairly dominant over Keogh in this area and Gestede is fairly dominant over, well, everyone. 

The only example I can use is Matt Smith in the last game of the season, he had the beating of both Whitbread and Keogh comfortably and Gestede is as dominant in the air as him. I read somewhere that he looked 'tired' though so hopefully he's benched. 

Rhodes is the one we have to be wary of, he's just lethal. Give him a chance and he'll score. There's gonna be goals in tonight's game, that's for sure. Shotton is a tall bloke so maybe he'll start again.

Keogh is that you?!

I thought I'd add a bit of Keogh into my last post as a bit of support. I'm not his biggest fan but was really impressed with him against Forest, he actually seemed like a captain for a change. One slight lapse for their goal but wasn't completely his fault.

Aye Assambalonga looked **** scared as he lashed it into the bottom corner.

Just another standard championship team. Nothing to see here.

The reason you're on 9 points is because other teams are scared... :D

Brilliant.

Who keeps leaving there cage unlocked?

Aye Assambalonga looked **** scared as he lashed it into the bottom corner.

Just another standard championship team. Nothing to see here.

The reason you're on 9 points is because other teams are scared... :D

Brilliant.

Is this Nottingham Forest fans celebrating a 1-1 draw at the Shoddy Ground?

Archived