We seem to be feared

Jayweb95

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before we played Blackburn at their place last season, we had just won 9 out of our 12 previous games. 

Do you really think they saw us as an easy test and we surprised them with the win? Not a chance. 

We may be more proven now because of last season, but no team is treating us differently from now than they did from October last year. What we're doing wrong is not playing as well, therefore not doing as well. As Alpha said in the other thread, if anyone's mentality has changed, it's ours. 

Tonight will be a big test, I fully expect us to lose because they're a good team with some momentum. The loss of Buxton will make Gestede that little more influential because we now haven't got anyone who can really compete with him in the air and if he can get Rhodes in the game then we're going to be up against it. Also, you've got to worry about Cairney who will drift in between the midfield and defensive gap and without a strict defensive midfielder then he could have a lot of space to play in. 

They play to the system we don't do well against and on a Wednesday night after a local Derby, it's likely we aren't going to be at our strongest. If we were to get the win and put in a good performance, I would be surprised and over the moon. Tough ask. 

Guess you are over the moon then Ambitious

Guess you are over the moon then Ambitious

Absolutely. 

I expected us to get stuck trying to get out of first gear and offer up a jaded performance, but I got the exact opposite. 

When the ball wasn't dropping for us, we made things happen and that's something we haven't been doing. Ward, for his second, took charge of that situation and just made the attack happen and scored brilliantly. Dawkins, who I thought was excellent, roamed around the pitch and linked up with just about every one. I think he's absolutely superb in that 'free role' position he was given tonight. Christie allows him to play it perfectly. 

A lot of fans, me included, haven't been best pleased with the wide attackers start to the season but today showed that when they're on song, we're on song. Ibe looks as if he'll be a huge asset - I'm actually gutted he wasn't given more time because it look as if he could have been well worth a goal or two if he had played. The full-back didnt' know how to deal with him.

Archived