Virgin Media

Day

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does everybody else think?

I've spoke to them a couple of times in the last week or so. I'm trying to get my bill reduced, but without losing anything obviously! Have XL tv, land line, and BB is 20MB. That is supposed to double sometime over the next couple of months. I'm not interested in the speed to be honest. I even asked them to reduce it if it would cut the bill, but they reckon they can't do that. I plan on calling them again at the weekend. I'll let you know how I get on.

On the MSE forum, there are dedicated threads about Virgin and so on, where people tell of the deals they have struck. To get the best deals, it seems you have to leave, and wait till they want you to come back.

I was looking at a second box but they want me to buy the box, second box monthly charge plus second box rental charge.

Moving soon as well, couldn't figure out if I had to have another cable installed or it wirelessly links to main box

For me, a plus for Virgin is that if anything goes wrong with the Tivo box then they will either repair or replace it. With Sky, after 12 months their box becomes yours and you have to replace either by a straight payment or through 3rd party insurance. This really pisses me off - no box no Sky so they lose out as well!

One big plus for Sky is they have sole broadcasting rights for Sky Atlantic and there's some superb programmes on this channel.

For me, a plus for Virgin is that if anything goes wrong with the Tivo box then they will either repair or replace it. With Sky, after 12 months their box becomes yours and you have to replace either by a straight payment or through 3rd party insurance. This really pisses me off - no box no Sky so they lose out as well!

One big plus for Sky is they have sole broadcasting rights for Sky Atlantic and there's some superb programmes on this channel.

For me a plus for Virgin is that if anything goes wrong you can put it down as her inexperience, and say it might be better the next time. I think going for a two box with a Virgin is always going to be problematic, and even if you are careful I am not sure a replacement or repair is a reasonable fall back. I have in the past looked into insurance to cover Virgin damage, but the market is limited and only Hiscox were prepared to take on the risk, but who wants Hiscox as a fallback?

Archived