Costco car park

BennettDCFC

I have a membership at Costco and parked there for the first time against Fulham.. Parked there Tuesday and completely forgot about the closing times and got my car locked in for the night and had to collect it first thing Wednesday morning. Signs in there saying 90 pound fine.. Just wondering if anybody else has ever made this stupid mistake and if the fine arrived!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I thought, but I don't want to run the risk of not paying and ending up with a summon to bloody court!

Half the time the 'baliffs' are sat on a desk across from them and it's all a scam.

All a private carpark can issue you with is an 'invoice' which looks like a carpark fine. Only fines you should pay are council parking fines.

Iv had this before on a Saturday. Not locked in but on a Saturday when they had blokes on gate. Got a ticket even though member. Argued toss in writing as they accused me of going to the footsie and not shopping at Costco!!! How dare they! But they did as I was a member too. But fortunately for me half the signs at the time had conflicting info on about parking and the guys on the gate had watched me leave my car and walk off towards pp and slapped a ticket on straight away within minutes rather than waiting time stated on signs. Asked for method statements and operational guidelines for parking attendants, blah, blah and in the end we agreed to disagree on whether I'd acted contrary to their parking rules and they withdrew ticket.

Ask them to prove what time you parked?! Just say that you walked to the nearest cashpoint for cash and was incapacitated on way back to shop at Costco and was chucking up or had trots and when you got back carpark locked

Often wondered about the all the cars parked in costco on match days. I didn't know you could be a member. To be honest, I haven't got a clue what costco even is  :lol: . I went in that car park once. It was the Chelsea cup game, and I got held up on the M1, on the way up, and also on the A52. This, together with it being a big crowd, meant my usual place (wyvern) was full. I got told I couldn't park in costco, so I came back out and parked in Pizza hut. Thought I would get a ticket or something, but nothing happened. 

Archived