Places in Derby you have never been to.

petersimple

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've always wanted to go to zing vaa in littleover village

My favourite Chinese/Cantonese. Aspired to it as my parents used it in the early 90's. Salt and pepper pork with extra chillies followed by duck of some sort. Am now hundreds of miles away, and owing to the fact they didn't even deliver round the corner, don't fancy my chances of getting anything for a while.

Always wanted to go on a proper night out in Belper. No point now I'm married!

My favourite Chinese/Cantonese. Aspired to it as my parents used it in the early 90's. Salt and pepper pork with extra chillies followed by duck of some sort. Am now hundreds of miles away, and owing to the fact they didn't even deliver round the corner, don't fancy my chances of getting anything for a while.

Always wanted to go on a proper night out in Belper. No point now I'm married!

sage can show you a good time in Belper, he knows all the haunts.

Never lived in Derby so feel left out of this....

Dad used to take us to visit relatives in Allestree when i was a kid, I always thought that was the poshest place but i suppose Park Farm put paid to that!

When you read about Derby's history its hard to imagine that Normanton/Rose Hill would have been one of the most desirable areas 200 years ago. The Arboretum was the first public park in Britain, laid out by Joseph Strutt in 1840...it would have been a real treat for the working class of Derby to have a beautiful space to visit so close to the town centre, 25,000 people turned out for the opening....

Good description of the event and subsequent history here............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/derby/features/tours/parks/derby/arboretum_history.shtml

Ive lived in Chellaston 15 out of my 17 years of life (first 2 in Alvaston :()

Youre missing out on nothing special! I suggest you just drive through when you are near!

Chellaston went downhil when they shut the Red lion.

I used to drink in all the pubs up there but none had the room for a proper fight like the Lion.

Archived