Derby lead chase for Jordon Ibe - Liverpool Echo and Telegraph

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't really get what the big deal is supposed to be about him. We're told to temper our expectations when we get a young lad on loan from R Madrid but everyone goes crazy about potentially getting this guy because he's quick and plays for Liverpool?

Tom Carroll was supposed to be the next big thing at Spurs.

A lot of his highlights clips on youtube seem to show him running straight into a player and losing the ball, unless they are just random moments from random games, but by all reports he is very raw so hope the fans do have patience with him if he comes, some are not renowned for it!!

Why do we need a winger who runs on the by-line and whips crosses in? Unless we want our wide players and full backs to run into each other.

We need to stop calling them wingers. They're not really wingers in our system.

I agree, more inside forwards playing on either side of the striker.

That said, Ibe would add variation to that role because he is more of a traditional winger (from what I've seen from him). Ward,Russell and Dawkins tend to cut inside every time, mainly because their crossing isn't all that great. If Ibe can vary his play by sometimes hitting the by-line and swinging crosses in, then that's surely a bonus?

Don't really get what the big deal is supposed to be about him. We're told to temper our expectations when we get a young lad on loan from R Madrid but everyone goes crazy about potentially getting this guy because he's quick and plays for Liverpool?

Tom Carroll was supposed to be the next big thing at Spurs.

What you mean is. I don't know anything about this player. This lad is as highly regarded as Sterling was. Some even think he could be better because he has a physical presence. But he does not have to be the next world beater. All he has to be is on par with our other 3 wide players. 

Is it just me or does he look decidedly average in the YouTube clip...

I've never seen him play (from what I recall) apart from that clip, the evolution of the clip starts with him having plenty of space, to being marked very tightly, to drawing fouls from being so tightly marked and defending well from the front.

Looked okay to me. Don't know how he plays in general but seemed he performed well against AC Milan. Saying that, I have no idea who any of the AC Milan players were.

Why do we need a winger who runs on the by-line and whips crosses in? Unless we want our wide players and full backs to run into each other.

We need to stop calling them wingers. They're not really wingers in our system.

If we're to get someone in on loan, isn't it better to get someone who offers something different? (I don't know if that's Ibe or not) Agreed we don't want the forwards getting in the way of the full backs, but it can equally get very crowded in the middle of the park with the three forwards and two attacking midfielders operating in the same area.

Not sure what the ideal solution is, I just think we look more dangerous when we get the ball out wide.

Seen a couple of people mention Jordan Ibe on here to #stfc on here, not true. Currently in discussions over a loan move to Derby County. This is coming from Andrew Steele-Davis a sport editor at FLIC Wiltshire covering Swindon Town FC, his twitter name is @Andrew_FLICW

Not the type of player I would want at Derby. He failed to impress at Birmingham. He was one of the players blamed for Birmingham City's predicament as they said he was putting in half-hearted performances.

The difference is Bolton's manager is Dougie Freedman... And we have Steve McClaren.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/501543/Liverpool-fans-take-to-Twitter-to-vent-anger-over-Jordon-Ibe-s-proposed-Bolton-loan-switch

According to this article Bolton is getting him and Liverpool fans are not happy.Is this paper reliable?

It's the Daily Express - the paper that runs headlines of "We're all going to die" from hurricanes, blizzards, volcanoes, meteorites, mutant badgers or chips 4 times every week, brown people wanting to kill us all twice a week, everyone else wanting to 'Tek ur jerbs'  on alternate Thursdays and Lady Diana whenever it can.

What do you think? 

Archived