Improvement in squad from last year

dog dcfc power

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because we have't reached out potential yet its hard to say that we have improved from last season.

I think the players who have come in, have been the right players to take us forward.

It's a 46 game season. 11/12 days left of the transfer window (31st is on a Sunday, so unsure on what day it ends) and then a loan window on top of that.... Why are we panicking?!

Because we have't reached out potential yet its hard to say that we have improved from last season.

I think the players who have come in, have been the right players to take us forward.

It's a 46 game season. 11/12 days left of the transfer window (31st is on a Sunday, so unsure on what day it ends) and then a loan window on top of that.... Why are we panicking?!

I am not panicking , just answering the initial post.

Ps We have IMHO got to get away from this idea that everything can be fixed by loans , how is that building a settled side ?.

I'm not saying Loans can 'fix' everything.. but look at the past few we've had on loan...

Chris Martin,...

George Thorne..

So make what you want from them.

Leon Osman as well back in the day saving our skins from League 1 football.

I know loans are part and parcel of the "modern" game, but the greatest period in our history was before they were allowed.

Personally think our squad was better last year because of the unpredictability factor and teamz didnt know how to stop us. The game against qpr in the final showed other teams that we can be stopped by teams playing deep. Imo we need another cb, creative mid and a really fast centre forward

We have a better squad than we did this time last year. But a weaker squad than the one we finished the season with. Keep an eye out when the loan window opens. Lots of players that clubs couldn't get rid of permanently during the transfer window end up becoming available for loan. And lots of youngsters that are looking for game experience become available too (i.e. Wisdom last year)

I'm not saying Loans can 'fix' everything.. but look at the past few we've had on loan...

Chris Martin,...

George Thorne..

So make what you want from them.

Leon Osman as well back in the day saving our skins from League 1 football.

I'd love to have Osman back. Surely Everton have enough without him?

I personally think that the person who first introduced the loan system, if he is still alive, should be taken outside and shot . :)

Bit insensitive. The Loan Arranger was taken outside and shot, and his mate is still going fu@$ing tonto.

For most of our great run last season we had Eustace in the team. Steve has done the same as most other managers do by trying to play the best players rather than the best team. Its a sad failure of modern managers imo.

Its a team game, some players suit a system better than others. 

Again fellow Rams it has only been three games.We will get it together.SM hasnt explicitly said it but I do really think some more strong loans will come in.

If you are in panic mode now then that is just wrong.Of course we can play better,but we are not the only team off to subpar start.Relax about it I say and I think the Fulham game will jumpstart us.I am fine.

Again fellow Rams it has only been three games.We will get it together.SM hasnt explicitly said it but I do really think some more strong loans will come in.

If you are in panic mode now then that is just wrong.Of course we can play better,but we are not the only team off to subpar start.Relax about it I say and I think the Fulham game will jumpstart us.I am fine.

Anyone worth a look in The RailHawks team ? :)

I guess we are back down to earth?

Last season I always thought we would come back. 1-0 down? No problem we'll go on and win no panic.

The problem is I don't feel that way this season. I can't put my thumb on it why we don't look our selfs instead of coming back I feel like we will lose by more.

Could it be the 10 contracts we have handed out (Let's be honest needed to be done as they was all running low and would of been sold for nothing). Which has caused the players to think every 1 has been rewarded but me?

Unsure really the comfort is that the big clubs take 10 days to get in there stride nevermind us! We are 4 games in 2 wins 1 draw and 1 loss so i'm trying not to panic with 2 away games coming up..

Let's hope we get back to our best sooner or later or i'll be having kittens! COYR

Oh well do excuse me for not having the record books and football encyclopedias in front of me.

Thanks for that VulcanRam ... patronising git.

You understand generally what I am trying to say unless you are completely ignorant or stupid. We are three games in, with a couple of weeks before the transfer window closes.

Get a grip the lot of you.

Of COURSE it will click.

I'm not being patronising - I'm simply being right. And by the way, there's this thing called the internet (you're on it now) which means that in about 10 seconds you can find out what you need to know. Press buttons on a thing called Google. You don't need record books or encyclopedias. This is 2014 for goodness sake. What are you, a two-year-old? 

Now that's being patronising  ;)

No that simply is wrong. Our centre backs were pivotal time after time in bringing the ball out of defence and starting attacks from the back. They linked and played excellently with midfield and contributed superbly with our ball retention game.

Fully agree with that and it appears they are still trying to play that way this season.  They link up with the midfield very nicely and are responsible for a fair amount of great passes and surging runs forward.

On that note, Buxton played one absolutely sublime cross field ball against Charlton the other night.  From the LB position to our RW spot on the edge of their box.  Completely changed up play and gave us an excellent attacking opportunity (we didn't score from it but...on another day...).  Great vision from Bucko.  If Gerrard had played that ball SkySports would have imploded! 

Archived