Improvement in squad from last year

dog dcfc power

Just wondered what you thought of the following but am i in the minority of thinking that this squad has not been improved since last season yes we have signed thorne permanently but he was already in the side last season, christie is no better or worse than wisdom and best is yet to prove his worth. Thought we might have bought in players who will be as good if not better than what we have already got to add competion.yes we have bought in a couple of spanish lads on loan but thought we might have had a spent a little more on a decent defender,midfielder and at least one more out and out striker.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made this point in an another thread. I think its a stronger league this year and no team will be able to run away with it like Leicester.

However, what centreback partnership would you prefer to have: Bucko/Keogh or Barker/Shackle?

For us to move in the right direction we need stronger centrebacks. Last year we just dominated possession from MF.

I do not for the life of me understand why people are panicking so much. It seems the level of expectation has created a monster.

Stevie Mac didn't even appear onto the scene until November last season ... and we finished third ... miles ahead of the other playoff contenders in terms of football, goals, and points.

Relax ... we have many gears to find, and don't think for a second that mac and his staff are not scouring the globe looking for reinforcements to bolster our cause.

I do not for the life of me understand why people are panicking so much. It seems the level of expectation has created a monster.

Stevie Mac didn't even appear onto the scene until November last season ... and we finished third ... miles ahead of the other playoff contenders in terms of football, goals, and points.

Relax ... we have many gears to find, and don't think for a second that mac and his staff are not scouring the globe looking for reinforcements to bolster our cause.

He was appointed on September 30th. 

Anyway, regarding the OP, yes I do agree, the squad that started the season for one reason or another is a bit weaker (only a bit) but then I expect Derby to do what they did last year and after their initial business look to recruit loans from the Premier League, which they are probably looking to do at the moment. 

The real shame is I don't think we've been bad - but you can't help but think Thorne would have made such a difference in the first three leaue games.

I am hopeful that in a month we will be stronger. No panic here.

He was appointed on September 30th. 

Anyway, regarding the OP, yes I do agree, the squad that started the season for one reason or another is a bit weaker (only a bit) but then I expect Derby to do what they did last year and after their initial business look to recruit loans from the Premier League, which they are probably looking to do at the moment. 

The real shame is I don't think we've been bad - but you can't help but think Thorne would have made such a difference in the first three leaue games.

I am hopeful that in a month we will be stronger. No panic here.

Oh well do excuse me for not having the record books and football encyclopedias in front of me.

Thanks for that VulcanRam ... patronising git.

You understand generally what I am trying to say unless you are completely ignorant or stupid. We are three games in, with a couple of weeks before the transfer window closes.

Get a grip the lot of you.

Of COURSE it will click.

I made this point in an another thread. I think its a stronger league this year and no team will be able to run away with it like Leicester.

However, what centreback partnership would you prefer to have: Bucko/Keogh or Barker/Shackle?

For us to move in the right direction we need stronger centrebacks. Last year we just dominated possession from MF.

No that simply is wrong. Our centre backs were pivotal time after time in bringing the ball out of defence and starting attacks from the back. They linked and played excellently with midfield and contributed superbly with our ball retention game.

Clough senior would have replaced any of the great side we had if he thought it would improve the team 5%.Having said that Steve may not have the luxury of the type of funds required .Also there is no doubting he inherited a tight knit group of players and is taking that into consideration.

Archived