Ward re-signs

Albert

Slightly gutted by this as I thought he was off Brighton. 

He always does 2/3 brilliant things and ***** up the last bit - he was our best player a couple of seasons ago but is now our worst. Just shows how far we have come!

To suggest that Ward is the 'worst' Derby player is a bit over the top to say the least.

OK - so the final pass isn't there at times, but to suggest he offers nothing positive to the team is utterly ludicrous...blinkered.

What on earth do people expect for the sort of level we are at?

Get real.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought he looked very good in the first half on Monday night, though I seem to be in the minority. Could've easily had a goal and an assist but denied by a couple of cracking saves.

If he's happy to be a bit part player, and the fact that he has signed a 1 year extension suggests he is, I'm delighted with this news. He still has plenty to offer us.

To suggest that Ward is the 'worst' Derby player is a bit over the top to say the least.

OK - so the final pass isn't there at times, but to suggest he offers nothing positive to the team is utterly ludicrous...blinkered.

What on earth do people expect for the sort of level we are at?

Get real.

I meant in our starting 11. Ward is our weak link within the team, which in my book makes him the worst.

The fact that another championship club wanted him makes this even more of a strange decision.

So Derby are strange for giving him a new deal.

Certain Derby fans are strange for thinking he's a good player.

Brighton are strange for wanting him.

Everyone is strange except you, eh?

Maybe you're the strange one perhaps? 

I meant in our starting 11. Ward is our weak link within the team, which in my book makes him the worst.

In my book that tells me with got a blooming good football side. Think it's a perfect deal for him. I don't get the hate for him. Think he is just the type of player to come on and mix it in last thirty minutes of games. Like I said earlier he was a great player in a below average side.

He's now a good bit part player in a much better side

The fact that another championship club wanted him makes this even more of a strange decision.

How? And I know you're going to say it shows we could've got a fee for him, but he only had a year left so it would've been negligible and we'd have struggled to get in equal or higher quality with that.

To me the fact that another Championship side wants him shows that he's probably better than you're giving him credit for.

Have seen far weaker links during my time mate...did you ever see Steve Cross or Nick Pickering play?

That kind of rhetoric all just seems a tad negative about a genuinely useful player.

Have seen far weaker links during my time mate...did you ever see Steve Cross or Nick Pickering play?

That kind of rhetoric all just seems a tad negative about a genuinely useful player.

I'm good mates with Steve Cross' son so I best only say good things about him  :lol:

I'm not saying he's awful. But if there was an area of the team I would want to improve, it would be for someone to replace Jamie Ward.

I'm good mates with Steve Cross' son so I best only say good things about him  :lol:

I'm not saying he's awful. But if there was an area of the team I would want to improve, it would be for someone to replace Jamie Ward.

That is spooky because way, way back when I was a bairn - I was on a coaching course alongside Cross jnr. I kept my opinions about the old man to myself.

I tend to agree with the sentiment on here that Ward, although no longer a focal point of our attack, is an excellent squad member to help push along the likes of Dawkins and Russell.

Why? We want the best players in the division too, not point giving them away. Did Ward insult your mother or something?

He excelled for us under Nige's tactic of "give the ball to Ward and hope he does something". Not so good since.

Since McClaren took over (not including Ipswich)

Appearances: 28

Minutes: 1797

Goals: 6 (0.301 per 90 minutes)

Assists: 4 (0.200 per 90 minutes)

The numbers suggest otherwise. He's not been up to the standard of that season where he scored and assisted for fun, but that season was outstanding from him by any measure. His performance last season was still very good though.

That is spooky because way, way back when I was a bairn - I was on a coaching course alongside Cross jnr. I kept my opinions about the old man to myself.

I tend to agree with the sentiment on here that Ward, although no longer a focal point of our attack, is an excellent squad member to help push along the likes of Dawkins and Russell.

Never seen him play to be honest, I would only have been 2/3 years old by the time he left us. 

I'm sorry. Ward one of the best players in the division? Jesus christ.

The fact that any club wanted him is a surprise to me. 

Just because another club wants him doesn't make him any better.

Ipswich wanted Sammon. Lets get him tied down.

Season before last Ward was stunning at times, and not only banged in the goals, but set up just about as many. He's the kind of player who can make things happen, and at his best is one of the better players in the division, that much is for sure. What isn't for sure is why you really don't like him.

Seriously, what did he do?

I'm sorry. Ward one of the best players in the division? Jesus christ.

The fact that any club wanted him is a surprise to me. 

Just because another club wants him doesn't make him any better.

Ipswich wanted Sammon. Lets get him tied down. 

Still waiting to hear of any sensible replacements for the money we'd spend on a player of Ward's calibre?

Archived