Barker training with u21's

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you imagine though if some overzealous young kid just decided to go in full pelt in a tackle on Barker and put him out indefinitely? Don't know why that thought came to me, but could you imagine the outrage?

The youth player would be gone, for sure. Never play for us again.

Good news that he's on the way back.

Can you imagine though if some overzealous young kid just decided to go in full pelt in a tackle on Barker and put him out indefinitely? Don't know why that thought came to me, but could you imagine the outrage? The youth player would be gone, for sure. Never play for us again. Good news that he's on the way back.

Perhaps drank too much to be posting, but in some ways something happening such as you suggested Tombo might not be a bad thing. Whilst no one can knock his spirit, tenacity and desire to get back, the severity of his injury and length of absence, together with his age, must surely mean he will never get himself back to his former abilities (which will inevitably be frustrating for him). But more important than that, my concern is that he has become so focused and one-eyed in respect of rehabilitation, that he is blanking out professional advice and risking serious long term health issues in the years to come. Perhaps one more knock-back might actually be 'kind' and hopefully there will always be some position for him with DCFC (Academy perhaps) where he can be of benefit to the club without the long term consequences.

Not sure why so many people feel the need to say he'll never get fit again/it will be nice to see he be given 2 mins for the first team. It's obvious he's up agsinst it, pointing it out doesn't make you some sort of guru. I hope more than anything he could do a job for our first team again and good luck to him getting there.

Perhaps drank too much to be posting, but in some ways something happening such as you suggested Tombo might not be a bad thing. Whilst no one can knock his spirit, tenacity and desire to get back, the severity of his injury and length of absence, together with his age, must surely mean he will never get himself back to his former abilities (which will inevitably be frustrating for him). But more important than that, my concern is that he has become so focused and one-eyed in respect of rehabilitation, that he is blanking out professional advice and risking serious long term health issues in the years to come. Perhaps one more knock-back might actually be 'kind' and hopefully there will always be some position for him with DCFC (Academy perhaps) where he can be of benefit to the club without the long term consequences.

While I know what you mean, I can't believe I've just heard a DCFC fan suggest that!  :mellow:

Bit harsh on him really  :lol:

Well he definitely wants it - which is half the battle - and he's putting the effort in, has the belief.... And has a plan for actually playing (minimal training). He could be the new Paul McGrath ...

Anyone know how Paul McGrath is walking around nowadays?

Archived