Barker training with u21's

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope he doesn't carry on playing if what's been said about the injections is true. Whats the point trying to prolong your playing career for another year when it could make you struggle with walking when you're older and that'd ruin his chances of coaching...

Again agree with sentiments and would like nothing more than to see him run out against Forest and knock in the winner. Alas this is not marshmallow land full of cupcakes and all things nice.

Would like to see him on bench in one of the more pointless matches and to come on as sub albeit for sentiments rather than to play.

Pointless match?? What on earth is a pointless match?

Nice to see him back after such a terrible injury don't think he play a full game again for us, sad but reality, think coaching badges and a job at derby looks the way forward top respect for the bloke , with his drive and committment to derby through his injury.

I bounced off Paul McGrath once in Birmingham nightclub (before he played for us)... And he had a bevvy of laydeez supporting him then...I guess things maybe the same now!

Paul has a demon, and that demon lives inside a bottle. When Paul and the demon meet, it's often because of 'friends' - and of course it's at that time he discovers that his 'friends' aren't quite what they seem. There are other reasons, of course.

I bumped into him a couple of times in Dublin and he was sober, alone and on one occasion, he wasn't racing from one place to another so had time for a 15 minute chat about Derby County. My impressions were that he loved his time here, and thinks the world of TBE. 

Paul's book "Back from the Brink" is a fantastic read.

Archived