Pre-Match Ritual

AmericanRam

I was just wondering if their are any pre-match rituals that you do before a home or away match? I have been to a few D.C. United matches and stayed with my friends who are fans. A lot of D.C. fans get together pre-match to drink some beer and play some darts, along with eating a variety of different food. I for one before I played a game of American football in High School always listened to some Metallica right before I went out onto the field with the team. Is going to a local pub the extent of a pregame ritual that everyone does? Just curious. as I hope to get to a game or two this season. :D

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much. Go to the pub for a drink, walk down to the stadium (might have a burger on the way) and arrive nice and early for all of the build-up.

Slightly off topic as well but what position did you play in american football? I used to play cornerback for my uni :D

Pretty much. Go to the pub for a drink, walk down to the stadium (might have a burger on the way) and arrive nice and early for all of the build-up.

Slightly off topic as well but what position did you play in american football? I used to play cornerback for my uni :D

Sounds great.I played defensive tackle.I am 6'4 270 pounds thats why lol.I loved playing.

Just go to the pub drink chat laugh sing a song walk to ground cheer the Rams on then back to pub drink drink drink chat laugh then foods then home. :) Oh see you tomorrow me ole mucker Angry :)

A bit of lunch, probably pasta or a salad, change into my kit, sit in quiet contemplation, start tapping my slippers against the floor as the clock ticks nearer 2.50, team hug with the wife where we increase the aggression and tension in the house, walk out of the lounge with a jump at the doorway to slap the ceiling, take the dog by the lead as we walk through the hallway and kitchen towards the garden, get the rush as I hit the fresh air and the roar from next doors kids, and then make one final check as I enter the Shed that I am properly prepared for the next two hours - I-Pad, radio, cold beer. A burst of Steve Bloomers Watching, and I am good to go. COYR!!

Couple of pints in the Black Swan, Utch. Minibus to the great metropolis of Derbados and, after all these years in the East Stand, i won't have to walk behind the North Stand but stroll nonchalantly across the grand facade of the Placa del Ram to make my way to my new seat in the South Stand.

Bit nervous now.

Archived