Suggestions for new song(s)/chant(s)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought "it's now or Never" (known as "Just One Cornetto") would work for Calero.

"There's only one ..." is sooooo lazy.

"Super John" isn't much better either.

The Wisdom one was good.

The Ward one is at least original.

The Martin one is stupid. You've got a guy who was banned from numerous pubs and has been throwing himself to the floor for years. What do we sing about? His penis. Why? No reason. Either that or the generic "blahblah's number 9"

Johnny Russell had a decent song and we changed it to more generic *****.

Hey! Who's the posh boy that was linked with Barcelona in a national 'news' paper? The guy with a very distinguishable look? Oh, it's "Hughesy".

"We are Derby, Super Derby" isn't as popular any more. :(

Must have seen about 1000 pages and more of suggestions for chants. Loads of new catchy tunes. I've heard and tried to sing new stuff at games but for some reason the folks that seem to be able to get chants to catch on prefer to share the ***** all club are banging out

Whenever we get even slightly creative with songs though, like "You're my Jamie Ward" or "Chris Martin's got a massive cock" people reject them without any better suggestions.

So just shout "Hughesy" or "Keogh" or the "Super John" song and you won't get criticism. Keep it simple for the boring folk.

The Martin song isnt even slightly creative, and makes no sense at all.

Just copied exactly from Rickie Lamberts song

I'm up all night with Bryson

I'm up all night with Buxton

I'm up all night with Martin

IM UP ALL NIGHT WITH CRAIG FORSYTH (tune of get lucky)

I'm sorry how awful this is but me and my mates made it up in maga and can't stop singing it haha

Sounds like you had great holiday, don't leave me out of Maga 2015.

Sorry can't think of a tune as I am a bit out of touch with topical beat-combos nowadays, but in answer to the original post, could someone make the following work?

He shoots, he scores, oh what brilliance

Don't we just love the Jeff Hendrick experience

Still think the quick simple ones are the best - when Chris Martin does a bit of magic it has to be Para Para Paradise for me, followed by a long ohwoahawoawo.

Play on the other less famous Chris Martin of Coldplay. Get it?

I'll get me coat.

I miss some of the old school songs like 'My old man said be a forest fan **** off ******** your a ****' Especialy 'We are Derby super Derby super Rams'

When everyone was singing that used to puy hairs on my neck stand on end.. Was brilliant especially when we was behind and we'd score then sing it even louder then go on to win!

For the time being I'm happy singing 'Since I was young'!

I miss some of the old school songs like 'My old man said be a forest fan **** off ******** your a ****' Especialy 'We are Derby super Derby super Rams'

When everyone was singing that used to puy hairs on my neck stand on end.. Was brilliant especially when we was behind and we'd score then sing it even louder then go on to win!

For the time being I'm happy singing 'Since I was young'!

I miss this too. Where has that gone over the years? Used to be the song everyone knew us by.

Sorry can't think of a tune as I am a bit out of touch with topical beat-combos nowadays, but in answer to the original post, could someone make the following work?

He shoots, he scores, oh what brilliance

Don't we just love the Jeff Hendrick experience

Still think the quick simple ones are the best - when Chris Martin does a bit of magic it has to be Para Para Paradise for me, followed by a long ohwoahawoawo.

Play on the other less famous Chris Martin of Coldplay. Get it?

I'll get me coat.

have to say, the paradise idea after Martin scores does have some appeal 

Archived