A Little Moan

Ramchope

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes me laugh when some younguns, and I'm not saying all, moan that they have to pay for a adult ticket, particularly away. But are quite happy to try it on to get a cheaper ticket even though they are over the required age. Enjoy real life.

The young adult season ticket option is great

Makes me laugh when some younguns, and I'm not saying all, moan that they have to pay for a adult ticket, particularly away. But are quite happy to try it on to get a cheaper ticket even though they are over the required age. Enjoy real life.

If you have finished Uni this summer you usually don't begin a graduate job until late September and a lot of people are unable to work whilst at uni so their entire loan goes on accommodation. I don't think its bad of students to moan because once you're in the habit of going to Derby matches you do it year on year where as once you stop going it becomes harder to find the money to go because you're not used to that expenditure so if the club can offer small concession on the adult tickets then they should as anyone in retail knows for every one customer lost on average it takes another 4 customers to replace the long term custom.

I know I've been at Uni these past three years and without the young adult season ticket package I wouldn't have been able to go (and I worked throughout uni!). I also don't begin my teacher training until late September and so technically I'm not a student at the moment but if I didn't have the season ticket I wouldn't have the income to be able to pay to go to matches.

Yeah there are some sponging bast4rds who go to uni but you'll find the majority spend three years working their tits off whilst living off next to no money and student/ young adult match day ticket category would be nice.

The young adult season ticket option is great

If you have finished Uni this summer you usually don't begin a graduate job until late September and a lot of people are unable to work whilst at uni so their entire loan goes on accommodation. I don't think its bad of students to moan because once you're in the habit of going to Derby matches you do it year on year where as once you stop going it becomes harder to find the money to go because you're not used to that expenditure so if the club can offer small concession on the adult tickets then they should as anyone in retail knows for every one customer lost on average it takes another 4 customers to replace the long term custom.

I know I've been at Uni these past three years and without the young adult season ticket package I wouldn't have been able to go (and I worked throughout uni!). I also don't begin my teacher training until late September and so technically I'm not a student at the moment but if I didn't have the season ticket I wouldn't have the income to be able to pay to go to matches.

Yeah there are some sponging bast4rds who go to uni but you'll find the majority spend three years working their tits off whilst living off next to no money and student/ young adult match day ticket category would be nice.

Agree with pretty much all of it.... It's the ones who are already earning a not bad wage trying to pass for under 18 that gets up my nose. Suppose rules are there to be broken

Agree with pretty much all of it.... It's the ones who are already earning a not bad wage trying to pass for under 18 that gets up my nose. Suppose rules are there to be broken

Yeah you won't catch me going in on the wrong ticket at home games (though we had three blokes in their 40's all with junior junior season tickets a few seasons back) but for away matches if there's an under 18s option I'll buy it even though I'm 22. 

If I was Derby I would have put this friendly on the season ticket - Massive gesture of goodwill to the fans AND you're looking at a sell out crowd including the Rangers fans... 

I know that the ticket revenue would have been down but I spend at least a tenner on a few beers and a pie if I'm there. I'm not there today because I don't enjoy pre season friendlies as it feels like I'm paying to watch a training exercise however if it was on the season ticket I'd have gone and spent my tenner+ whilst there. 33000 fans say average spend is

I'd be genuinely interested to know what the average spend is by fans whilst at the ground. As you say, some people drink a fair bit, whereas others (like myself) don't spend a penny.

Well if you're not drinking you wouldn't need to.... ;)

Archived