A Little Moan

Ramchope

Does anyone else think that firstly, ticket prices for home games seem quite extortionate and that there should be cheaper tickets available for students/young adults? Having just come out of university, being able to go to see Derby more often is something that I would love to do this season, however there is no chance I can afford to go to many games if the cheapest seat I can get is

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 19, and I don't think it's much of an issue. There is the young adult category which I find about fair. Some games are extortionate but I think you begrudgingly accept if you want to watch your beloved Derby.

That said, I get better value for money with a ST, so I would probably find it extortionate if I was paying on a game by game basis.

I'm 19, and I don't think it's much of an issue. There is the young adult category which I find about fair. Some games are extortionate but I think you begrudgingly accept if you want to watch your beloved Derby.

That said, I get better value for money with a ST, so I would probably find it extortionate if I was paying on a game by game basis.

To be fair, I have just looked at some of the next games coming up and it seems there are cheaper tickets available around the

Aren't our ticket prices about the cheapest in the division? And there are great concession rates. Of course we vary from game to game, but there are often good deals going for all but the really high-profile matches, for which you don't begrudge paying it anyway.

Besides, I loved last year that we were officially the best value team in the Championship, in terms of wins/goals/etc:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/derby-county/news/derby-best-value-in-championship_155148.html

Aren't our ticket prices about the cheapest in the division? And there are great concession rates. Of course we vary from game to game, but there are often good deals going for all but the really high-profile matches, for which you don't begrudge paying it anyway.

Besides, I loved last year that we were officially the best value team in the Championship, in terms of wins/goals/etc:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/derby-county/news/derby-best-value-in-championship_155148.html

Okay, I obviously have no idea what I am talking about. 

Just noticed the affiliation between our ticket office and Unite the Union. Just wait and see, they'll be all out on strike before very long asking for inflation-busting pay awards which can only be financed by a massive increase in ticket prices. I'm sure we get some revenue from this link but bloody hell, Unite (at regional and national level at least) is a bunch of Neanderthals and not an organisation that has a reputation for forward thinking.

Just noticed the affiliation between our ticket office and Unite the Union. Just wait and see, they'll be all out on strike before very long asking for inflation-busting pay awards which can only be financed by a massive increase in ticket prices. I'm sure we get some revenue from this link but bloody hell, Unite (at regional and national level at least) is a bunch of Neanderthals and not an organisation that has a reputation for forward thinking.

I bet they think the world of you too!

And how do you know all of their regional and national reps? I've been a member for over 10 years now and haven't met any of the Neanderthals yet.

Okay, after being proven wrong, i take back the statement about high ticket prices for Adults. But I still feel a Young Adult option that is slightly more affordable than an adult ticket should be made available. 

Why?

Most young adults are free and single and quite a few live at home with their parents either free of charge or paying a bit of board.

Whereas most adults are either married or living with someone and paying a mortgage or rent and also have the cost of children and or young adults living at home costing them the earth by running up big electric,gas,phone bills.

Young adults should be paying more than us older adults in my opinion.

Wouldn't be surprised if Unite members get certain Match Day tickets at very competitive rates.... Just like many big businesses in and around Derby do.

I bet they think the world of you too!

And how do you know all of their regional and national reps? I've been a member for over 10 years now and haven't met any of the Neanderthals yet.

Had the (mis) fortune to be on the other side of the table to them in many spats in the health service over the years. And, yes, I'm sure they love me too!

Archived