Official: Ivan Calero has signed

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calero, Bunjaku, Hughes, all young talented with very bright futures  in Black and \white  I hope....

Wonder what these signings mean for Wardy....

and to some extent Russell

Not much because they're mainly development squad players whereas Russell and Ward are fully fledged first team players.

We'll see, cos I think Wardy's best is behind him sadly....

Don't get that at all. He's not going to get any better sure - but he's been a threat for us for two years and I don't see why that should stop while he's the right side of 30.

That forum says that at one point he was at a similar standard as his team mate Oliver Torres at one stage. If we can get him back to anywhere near that standard we've got an absoloute steal here. Seriously, I don't know much about Calero, but Torres, he makes Hughes look like a hoofball merchant.

Good signing - anyone know if we've had to pay a fee or compensation?  He'll compete with Bennett for the 4th winger spot IMO.

I'm not sure if compensation applies for overseas players, I remember when I was reading about the Cyrus Christie signing that Coventry didn't want him to go to the MLS cause it would mean they wouldnt see any compensation (or it would be significantly less, cant remember now)

Maybe that was just the 'States though... either way, extremely pleased with this signing :)

The squad is finally starting to get a cosmopolitan feel about it. Cloughie didn't seem to sign any non Brits.

Takes me back to those heady days of a couple of Italians, a couple of Croatians, an Estonian and a Dane.

Archived