Official: Ivan Calero has signed

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attacking midfielder puts pen-to-paper with Derby County.

[indent]After a successful trial period, we are delighted to welcome Ivan to the club. "

Steve McClaren

[/indent]

Derby County have today completed the signing of Spanish youth international Ivan Calero.

After leaving La Liga winners Atletico Madrid last month, Calero has spent the last two weeks training with the Rams, scoring in the side

Excellent stuff.  I imagine we may see him on the bench a few times this season and he may get a few appearances here and there.  Despite not having seen him play yet; this definitely feels like one of the more exciting additions to the development ranks in recent times.

Being an attacking midfielder makes me think that he won't be used in the first team that much this season. He'll be competing with Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick as well as Bunjaku if he steps up.

Having said that, if he can play up front, could he be back up to Martin rather than Sammon this season??

Being an attacking midfielder makes me think that he won't be used in the first team that much this season. He'll be competing with Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick as well as Bunjaku if he steps up.

Having said that, if he can play up front, could he be back up to Martin rather than Sammon this season??

More likely to play on the wing I would imagine.

Archived