Considering Nathaniel Chalobah season long loan - FLW

rezner

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This from a mate who has a Chelsea S/T and is a fanatic

"Good Championship player but will never get a game in the top league. Scored a wonder strike for Watford a couple of years ago".

Don't think having a Chelsea season ticket means you get to see Chalobah play!

I'd be happy for Chalobah here on loan then go back when Thorne get back from injury sorted.

It all depends on his attitude though. If he acts like he is bigger than the club then we should stay away.

If Eustace gets injured, we have a problem. There are no other players that naturally play that role in the squad. We're going to end up playing Hughes, Hendrick or Hanson there, Hughes and Hanson have never played competitively there and when Hendrick's been tried he hasn't been very good. We're relying on Eustace staying fit.

According to the Gumps (who it must be said, by their very nature, don't know a great deal about anything at all) this guy is absolutely useless.

Watford fans weren't that impressed with Thorne when he was on loan, all depends on whether a player fits in the team. Chalobah looked good when he was on loan at Watford though.

According to the Gumps (who it must be said, by their very nature, don't know a great deal about anything at all) this guy is absolutely useless.

They played Moussi over him. Says it all really.

On that damning judgement, I'd say sign him up.

Watford fans weren't that impressed with Thorne when he was on loan, all depends on whether a player fits in the team. Chalobah looked good when he was on loan at Watford though.

So Thorne didn't impress at Watford, but he impressed here.

By that logic, Chalobah impressed at Watford but won't impress here  :p

I've watched Chalobah plenty of times, admittedly more over the past 12 months or so and I'm not a huge fan, regardless of his wages I would be tentative over his signing. 

He, like Bamford, has managed to fabricate this brilliant public image and I haven't seen a performance from him that even comes close to comparison. Okay, some may say well Hughes doesn't impress week in week out but he is constantly showing little bits of quality in his game and does the basics well. That's what I like to see in a player. 

Chalobah, when I've seen him for Forest and England in the past 12 months, has been poor. He does sit deep for a midfielder but doesn't offer anywhere near the protection needed in midfield. He is prone to the hospital pass - in fact, his whole range of passing is limited IMO - and simply would not offer anything that Will Hughes couldn't do better in that similar role. You could argue that my dozen viewings of the youngster is not enough, but the stats seems to back that assumption up too. 

That being said, like every signing, I would support him if he does put pen to paper. I just think Will Hughes is already a better option for that role. 

Will Hughes is not guna start playing CDM. He would be a wasted asset, We need a replacement. Is chalobah the man for the job? I dont know. But i-have faith that The Mac will make the right choice.

Has Hughes stated he likes to play advanced?

Juventus play with two 'shuttling' midfielders (Vidal and one other) ahead of Pirlo who dictates play. Maybe that's a role Hughes would like.

I dont think he has tbf. Hughes has been used a few times as a CDM in some of our friendlies. Notts county for one. He has played there for England U-21's as well. He is easily good enough to do it and with Bryso and Hendrik's running creating the space and opportunities in the midfield is could work really well.

Archived