American Fan

AmericanRam

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the username 'Eustonstation'.. Should have been St Pancras seeing as that serves Derby from London.

I have a lot of memories of the (dirty old version of) St Pancras, but here's my convoluted reasoning for Euston:

I had an aunt who lived in Milton Keynes and I stayed with her a lot when I would spend my summers in England as a kid, so I would go through Euston station to get up to MK. I also like that it starts with two vowels... as does my first name (Ian). 

Bet you regret asking now! :)

Id move to the states to work if i could.

Pretty much impossible to get a green card.

Which leads me to ask how did so many English get to live out in he states in the first place!?!?

Blind luck in my case! Family moved to Canada, and then I got a job with a US company that was willing to sponsor me on an internal transfer visa (L-1). I've been here for 13 years now and became a citizen four years ago. 

I met an irish lad in California who got an arrange marriage in order to move over. I lived there on a student visa for a couple of years but found it hard to stay there without completing my degree back in London.

They only reason id move to be USA is because the girls are much hotter :/

Thanks for the welcome fellow Rams. I live in North Carolina and love being a fan of the Rams.  In looking at other English fans, I really like how Derby fans respect one another. Looking forward to a long, but hopefully very fulfilling campaign.

P.S. Who else plays with Derby on EA Sports Fifa? Last year, I played with them for ten seasons and eventually even had Neymar be a part of the team lol.

I have a lot of memories of the (dirty old version of) St Pancras, but here's my convoluted reasoning for Euston:

I had an aunt who lived in Milton Keynes and I stayed with her a lot when I would spend my summers in England as a kid, so I would go through Euston station to get up to MK. I also like that it starts with two vowels... as does my first name (Ian). 

Bet you regret asking now! :)

Two vowels eh... Thought that was the reason.

Id love to be in Austin... not far away from my lover if i could somehow get there and stay

I just went mate, illeagal imigrant nobody bothered me. infact all the mexicans used to get annoyed because they had to have ID to get in and i'd just say i was on holiday and get straight in to any bar or club. good times

I'm currently living in Lafayette, Louisiana.. Born in derby, moved when I was 9.. 9 years later and derby still runs through my blood, I fly out tomorrow morning and I arrive in Manchester Thursday morning.. 3 month holiday, CANNOT wait to be back in derby and be at the IPRO.

I'm currently living in Lafayette, Louisiana.. Born in derby, moved when I was 9.. 9 years later and derby still runs through my blood, I fly out tomorrow morning and I arrive in Manchester Thursday morning.. 3 month holiday, CANNOT wait to be back in derby and be at the IPRO.

That is great you get to go to some home matches this season. I would love too, but I just have to work several things out first.  Mainly the financial aspect of it.

Archived