American Fan

AmericanRam

Thanks for the welcome fellow Rams. I live in North Carolina and love being a fan of the Rams.  In looking at other English fans, I really like how Derby fans respect one another. Looking forward to a long, but hopefully very fulfilling campaign.

P.S. Who else plays with Derby on EA Sports Fifa? Last year, I played with them for ten seasons and eventually even had Neymar be a part of the team lol.

You had more luck on Fifa with Derby than I did. I started a season with them and was sitting in 8th in the league in my first season and the board sacked me.  Got offered a job at Terek Grozny in the Russian League instead.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another Derby County "fan" from the US here.  I use fan in quotations because this is the first season I'll be following the club.

Been lurking here for a month or so.  I figured I'd sign up and post after I saw another Redskins fan on the board.

I got additcted to playing Fifa this past season and it made me realize that I might enjoy real football.  I also host a daily sports talk radio show so I thought I should expand my sports horizons and get into the Premier League.  After a lot of research I chose Swansea City as my BPL club to follow. 

I'm currently in season 5 with Derby County in Fifa.  I started doing research on the Rams and I'm excited to follow Derby County in the Football League Championship this year. 

I've never been a huge football, or soccer, as we call it, fan.  But after researching the leagues I love the history, tradition, and fan support these clubs have.

After watching every World Cup match, I'm starting to learn the players, clubs, and leagues.  It's like a whole new world I never knew exsisted. Can't wait for the real action to begin August 9th. Also hope to find some Derby County gear. 

Thanks guys. I'll do that AmericanRam.

TrueLou - It probably sounds pretty bad for me to root for multiple football clubs.  I chose Swansea because they were not one of the traditional powerhouses and seemed pretty obscure.  I chose Derby County due to playing with them on Fifa and I really liked this board and the group of fans that post here.  Maybe after watching for a season my loyalties will lie with the Rams.  Right now, I'm just ready to follow all the action for the first time.

Archived