The or Them

Tricky1884

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Followed on makes no sense... unless we're talking about England playing Cricket.

I sing 'the', and will continue to do so.

Yeah, that's what it was though originally.

I think it's like since I was young I followed on through thick and thin sort of thing

But yeah, 'the' is better and most people sing that anyway because 'on' didn't make sense to them

I sing 'them'.

'Since I was young, I followed the, DCFC, the team for me' doesn't even make sense. Nobody would say in a conversation: 'I'm just off to watch the DCFC play' !!!      :lol:

"I'm just off to watch them DCFC play" makes even less sense...

Let's face it most of our songs are crap when you actually think about it but when around 10k or so are belting them out in unison they get the blood going...  Yes I said 10k cus I don't really count the West, North and half the East stand...

"I'm just off to watch them DCFC play" makes even less sense...

Let's face it most of our songs are crap when you actually think about it but when around 10k or so are belting them out in unison they get the blood going...  Yes I said 10k cus I don't really count the West, North and half the East stand...

'Watching DCFC' makes perfect sense...

I sing 'them'.

'Since I was young, I followed the, DCFC, the team for me' doesn't even make sense. Nobody would say in a conversation: 'I'm just off to watch the DCFC play' !!!      :lol:

Agreed I sing them or 'em which are the same thing.

As Yorky said "DCFC the team ..." is the next line,

So neither On or the makes much sense to me.

But then when did the average derby fan ever make any sense to me?

Archived