Predict the Scapegoat

Duracell

Derby's Scapegoat 2014/15  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scapegoat has been and probably will remain Jamie Ward. Gets blamed for most things and possibly by some fans even when he is not even on the pitch (injury prone etc). Bamford was also another one I felt last season was being set up as another that would take the title.

As for Keogh he is not a scapegoat it is just that people are noticing that he makes mistakes, maybe Wembley highlighted it somewhat but they were still happening before then. 

• 4 weeks later...

We've got class at Derby, haven't we?

Not only are we incapable of predicting WHO we want to be our scapegoat before the season starts, but when we do find one, we find one quickly.

Well done, Simon Dawkins. You now have a massive mountain to climb for the rest of your Derby career because of our fans.

Bitterly disappointed with some of our fanbase today.

Still, at least it wasn't the captain.

We've got class at Derby, haven't we?

Not only are we incapable of predicting WHO we want to be our scapegoat before the season starts, but when we do find one, we find one quickly.

Well done, Simon Dawkins. You now have a massive mountain to climb for the rest of your Derby career because of our fans.

Bitterly disappointed with some of our fanbase today.

Still, at least it wasn't the captain.

I picked Dawkins on that poll, he seems the kind of player who people will pick on when the team aren't doing well enough.

Edit: Keep in mind, I don't expect Dawkins (or anyone else discussed) to do poorly, I just think all things being equal if things weren't going great Dawkins is the one many would start to pick at.

2 games and it's already begun.

It's pathetic really.

Seems to me Dawkins is already the scapegoat for a fair few.

Hence the cheering when we went off (admittedly that was his worst performance for us as he just couldn't control the ball for toffee).

OK he should have probably gone off first today and that had a bearing on it but hardly going to give the lad confidence with that sort of reaction.

And for the most part not really sure why he has gotten so much stick. Russell seems flavour of the month for most yet was almost equally awful in the Rangers friendly and against Rotherham hence why he lost his place yet very little is said about that by a lot of these same people.

Just seems double standards, better if we got behind everyone cos if people react like we did today it wont help the players get their confidence back.

I don't think Dawkins doesn't try, I think it's just the way he plays. Some players look awkward in their style and always seem to be straining so they look like they give 110%. Others look smooth and glide over the ground and it looks like they're taking it easy. Dawkins' style doesn't help him in my opinion.

Archived