Notts County v Derby County

froggg

Christie and Fozzy looked very attacking as full backs which could mean Martin gets even more chances this season. Also thought the midfielders all were superb today at shifting the ball especially Hughes in the Thorne role. Roos looked comfortable in goal as well.

We could have had a lot more goals with Hendricks couple of Chances, the Fozzy header and the save from Keogh towards the end so it was a good workout for the lads ahead of Austria

Hendrick i think needs a bit more confidence to do his own thing and play that brilliant pass, seems hesistant to me slightly(anyone agree? feel free to argue...), for hughes i agree i thought he was great in the cdm role, he spread out the play and had no real problems except i feel he wasnt upto it defensively, when say eustace chooses to commit a cynical foul to stop the play and the opponent getting that brilliant chance, hughes just doesnt have that ability/mentality, he's a playmaker, not a ballwinner.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hendrick i think needs a bit more confidence to do his own thing and play that brilliant pass, seems hesistant to me slightly(anyone agree? feel free to argue...), for hughes i agree i thought he was great in the cdm role, he spread out the play and had no real problems except i feel he wasnt upto it defensively, when say eustace chooses to commit a cynical foul to stop the play and the opponent getting that brilliant chance, hughes just doesnt have that ability/mentality, he's a playmaker, not a ballwinner.

I agree with you about Hendrick, when he first came through the ranks he made 40 yard runs through the defences and now he seems to be a bit more reserved with his running and more prone to lay it off but we have Hughes for that...just needs a bit of confidence to make those runs and long through balls but it will come with confidence as he matures

What was Dawkins like?

Quality. Yes I'm his biggest fan.

Probably should have done better when he had a chance at a good effort on goal - ended up being quite tame.

Won the penalty well. Probably should have stayed a tad wider first half but I think that was a tactical choice, not him deciding against it.

Probably should have done better when he had a chance at a good effort on goal - ended up being quite tame.

Won the penalty well. Probably should have stayed a tad wider first half but I think that was a tactical choice, not him deciding against it.

Sound. Ta mate.

Prefer watching him to Ward. Want him to push Ward out. Ward's too greedy and loses the ball by doing daft things.

Not having a dig at Ward. He does plenty right. Just Dawkins is less frustrating despite his painful shooting.

He'll have to fight hard for a place mate. Think McClaren loves Ward

I thought dawkins played well too, he once overrun the ball and lost it, which amazed me as I'd never seen him lose it easily before.However according to the the blokes behind me, the whole team are ***** and unfit, so what do I know?

In all the excitement for the new season and the new South Stand moved I'd almost forgot about the moaners.

"Too easy Derby"

"Ouuuuuuut"

"Martin you fat lazy cnut"

"He's always been ****"

So yeah, cheers Revel. Got all that sort of rubbish to look forward to. Folk who drink in every single word Jamie Redknapp says on a Sunday and just want to repeat it. And people like Baz who was disgusted after a 3-1 win. "Supposed to be entertainment"

:(

In all the excitement for the new season and the new South Stand moved I'd almost forgot about the moaners.

"Too easy Derby"

"Ouuuuuuut"

"Martin you fat lazy cnut"

"He's always been ****"

So yeah, cheers Revel. Got all that sort of rubbish to look forward to. Folk who drink in every single word Jamie Redknapp says on a Sunday and just want to repeat it. And people like Baz who was disgusted after a 3-1 win. "Supposed to be entertainment"

:(

Still not got the moaning baz tard out your system yet then?

Still not got the moaning baz tard out your system yet then?

I've tried. I mean, I'm trying.

Was it JW or SRG that overheard 20mins into the Bournemouth game somebody said "I thought this was going to be easy"

And someone said they were sat near someone who said "thought Derby were supposed to be good. Which one is Keogh"

Baz is everywhere mate. Always in the row behind, just to the left

Did he play on the wing or through the middle?

Only asking as he played behind the striker against Nuneaton 

Archived