I'm concerned about Christie

Derbados

'im concerned about forsyth never really been exceptional at this level'

'im concerned about martin didnt set the world on fire when he was on loan'

'im concerned about eustace, starting to get old ad didnt play a huge amount season before'

All signed when our expectation was to maybe, hopefully push towards the play-offs.

If our defence is indeed weaker this year than last year, there's absolutely no chance we'll be going up automatically.

note IF

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see him making us even more exciting going forward (started life as a winger I believe) but yes there may quite likely be more hairy moments at the back I'm guessing (doesn't sound like he will be as assured defensively as Wisdom who was calmness personified most of the season).

I know it said "fighting it out with Freeman" for the position in the Telegraph but Freeman realistically is too lightweight for the Championship unless he has improved since last season, think Forest let him go on a free didn't they so not sure he would be the answer, think Sheff Utd would probably be more his level in League One from what I saw of him.

I suppose the problem is he (currently) isn't as good as Wisdom but is better than Freeman. Therefore he seems a step backwards if he is first choice but too good for a back up.

We don't know if we are signing Medaglia yet and we still have the loan market to come,

I know it said "fighting it out with Freeman" for the position in the Telegraph but Freeman realistically is too lightweight for the Championship unless he has improved since last season, think Forest let him go on a free didn't they so not sure he would be the answer, think Sheff Utd would probably be more his level in League One from what I saw of him.

The sheff utd fan at work reckons Clough has said Freeman isn't good enough for thr Championship, therefore Sheff utd only want him on a 1 season loan......allegedly.

All signed when our expectation was to maybe, hopefully push towards the play-offs.

If our defence is indeed weaker this year than last year, there's absolutely no chance we'll be going up automatically.

note IF

Once McClaren came in our defence was pretty damn good last season, and with a full preseason, hopefully Thorne on board and a fresh face, you'd hope it would be at least that good again.

People always go on about how important Wisdom being defensive last season was, but ultimately if we have a player like Thorne in the defensive midfield role having another fullback who can attack a bit, particularly do more with the ball than Wisdom, could be a major positive.

It's hard to really know at this point, but the club have tracked him for a long time, and if he's heir first choice for next season, then I'll trust them on that.

Cyrus Christie employs the same trick as Lucas moura.

When charging forward he has the trick of backheeling the ball to change direction.

See goal e 1:45

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ObIxQrpMj5M

See, no worries, he's as good as Lucas Moura!

In all seriousness, I agree with majority that he is a young lad who will improve with games and experience under good management

Everyone thought Forsyth was poor when he joined.

Looked how he turned out.

Steve is a highly regarded defensive coach, I think we will see Christie improve over the season just like Forsyth did. Plus, we are an attacking team, he likes to go forward, so hopefully we can see him put a few more crosses in the box for Martin

I can see him making us even more exciting going forward (started life as a winger I believe) but yes there may quite likely be more hairy moments at the back I'm guessing (doesn't sound like he will be as assured defensively as Wisdom who was calmness personified most of the season).

Not in the games I watched, he was turned inside out on too many occasions due to poor defensive qualities and I'm pleased that he won't be returning.   Forsyth to a lesser extent, he needs to improve greatly and if he doesn't then we should look to bring in a new player to fill that role and utilise him in a more forward role.

*Christie is an unknown quantity to most of us and derogatory comments from Coventry fans may be sour grapes so lets see him perform before judgement is handed down.

Archived