I'm concerned about Christie

Derbados

In the sense that I think he has been signed as our no.1 RB for next season and Freeman will be battling him as cover. In Macs own words "he needs development", the Cov fans all seem to agree that he's good going forward but is caught out at the back a lot.Wisdom was the polar opposite, solid at the back not so hot going forward, If we're going for automatic promotion this season can we really afford to be throwing silly points away by individuals making mistakes by being caught out at the back? I think he's a good player don't get me wrong and he may turn out to be a revalation but my gut feeling is that the lad will need some coaching and we could see a few silly goals leaked in down that right hand side early in the season, which in the long run could cost us

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McClaren has got a few weeks to work on him before the beginning of the season. Be interesting to see whether we let Freeman go and if we do will we bring in a 'stronger' right back and have Christie for back up or will Freeman and Christie be the two players going for the RB position.

'im concerned about forsyth never really been exceptional at this level'

'im concerned about martin didnt set the world on fire when he was on loan'

'im concerned about eustace, starting to get old ad didnt play a huge amount season before'

I think I've hit a nerve on this one! we are going for top 6/ top two this season I assume yes? and we have just lost a premier league RB who was let's face it quality, so then how dare I question the reliability of a league one RB who in our own managers words "needs development" who is now expected to come in and defend to a level that will gain us a top two spot

Naughty Derbados

I think I've hit a nerve on this one! we are going for top 6/ top two this season I assume yes? and we have just lost a premier league RB who was let's face it quality, so then how dare I question the reliability of a league one RB who in our own managers words "needs development" who is now expected to come in and defend to a level that will gain us a top two spot

Naughty Derbados

It's not solely the reliability of a League One right back you are questioning - it's also the judgement of the manager. Perhaps Steve McClaren now thinks that Freeman is ready to make the step up?

Derbados have every right to be concerned and express his concerns about Christie's defending. That's why the forum exist. To create something to discuss. Give the guy some slack.

He hasn't even played for us yet, so how do we know!

Naughty Derbados

Okay, so would you of preferred us sign "a Kevin Foley" over Christie?

Building a young team that can take on the Premier League is what our aim should be, and Christie fits that bill and has been a long term target at a good price.

The key for the club now is to not completely break the club financially, but rather to keep doing what we've been doing right. I'll trust the club on this one and if they think Christie is ready to be first choice, then I'm sure he'll be ready to be first choice.

Coventry did not really have a recognised defence. Players playing all over the shop.

Christie also mentioned that Keogh talked him through games and helped his development the season they got relegated.

Can play CB as well. Was man of the match Vs Derby in the first game against Coventry that season.

Coventry play a very attack minded game which means that he goes forward all the time. Going forward 24/7. We are very reserved in our build up and like to keep the ball rather than bomb forward, therefore he will not get caught up the field as much as he was at Coventry.

Forsyth was bang average when he arrived last summer. Steve made him one of the best LB in Championship.

Truly believe the same will happen with Christie.

Archived