Test match England V India

ramafan

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we fooking go again. Should have had them in a position where we can enforce the follow on, but no, we'll just let them drift harmless towards the follow on figure. 

People bemoan the batting, but the bowling's every bit as bad. 

Complete lack of ability to kill sides off.

Edit: Yes! Always works. Wicket. You can all thank me for that one..... ;)

Not necessarily.

Pitches deteriorate over the course of the 5 days, sometimes you don't want to be batting last on them.

I would imagine that we'll swing the bat after lunch, get a 400+ lead and then declare. Perhaps an hour bowling at them tonight and then all day tomorrow.

Robson gone. 22-1

India 330 all out then England decline to enforce follow on. Joke

Robson is out for 13.

I think Cook is resting his bowlers but it's risky not following on as England have to get another 10 wickets and are 1 down in series.

Will they have time I am a bit skeptical

India 330 all out then England decline to enforce follow on. Joke

Not at all.

It's been over 80 degrees throughout and the bowlers had been in the field for a day and a half, and you want them in the field again for another day or so? Broad is already 'walking wounded', Jordan is worse than Harmison or Malcolm on a bad day  and Moeen Ali cannot be relied upon to keep an end quiet.

Not at all.

It's been over 80 degrees throughout and the bowlers had been in the field for a day and a half, and you want them in the field again for another day or so? Broad is already 'walking wounded', Jordan is worse than Harmison or Malcolm on a bad day and Moeen Ali cannot be relied upon to keep an end quiet.

I agree with the sentiments but will we have time .

Although India are getting a bit out the pitch at the moment so who knows.

What a do know is we are 1 down in the series and India are well capable batting wise.

Same old story, do you try to win, or try to make sure you don't lose , which is fine so long at we don't collapse now and get beaten.

Robson gone already.

You could put all your eggs in one basket and try to win by enforcing the follow-on with two effective bowlers (I expect Moeen Ali to bowl well on a fifth day pitch but he was very fortunate to pick up the wickets he did on day 3), and then even if it comes off Anderson might well be wrecked for the last two tests of the series. He is the only world class bowler we have.

As it is, I cannot see England not winning this game - provided they declare before tea.

You could put all your eggs in one basket and try to win by enforcing the follow-on with two effective bowlers (I expect Moeen Ali to bowl well on a fifth day pitch but he was very fortunate to pick up the wickets he did on day 3), and then even if it comes off Anderson might well be wrecked for the last two tests of the series. He is the only world class bowler we have.

As it is, I cannot see England not winning this game - provided they declare before tea.

I differ with you about Anderson , I think he has been under performing for some time, although he is still our best bowler.

Lets face it we are not great at the moment , only Root and Balance stand out.

You are correct the bowlers may be tired , but I think The Aussies or Proteus would have banged them in again anyway.

Terrible umpiring, genuinely don't think Erasmus was going to give that out but India's appeal was so confident he was eventually swayed.

Definitely correct decision not to enforce the follow-on imo. Set them 420 with ~120 overs and if we can't get 10 wickets on a deteriorating pitch then we don't deserve to win. No point inviting a situation where we're chasing a nervy 150 on the last afternoon for me. 

Archived