Test match England V India

ramafan

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was advocating a holding midfielder when Nigel was at Derby and I was delighted when he brought Eustace in but even Nigel used Eustace sparingly .

I think Hughes will have the main DM role this season unless we bring someone in .

8 down Ali gets another.

Kumar out for 0 me duck caught by Anderson.

Ali is having a good game that's for sure and Woakes is wicket less but also playing well.

Part timer Ali gets fifer.

Cook trusts him now

He's just proved the experts all wrong. Lol

India 154-9

One fifer doesn't prove all the critics wrong. Everyone criticises the media for getting carried away and then all the fans do it.

Not at all.

It's been over 80 degrees throughout and the bowlers had been in the field for a day and a half, and you want them in the field again for another day or so? Broad is already 'walking wounded', Jordan is worse than Harmison or Malcolm on a bad day  and Moeen Ali cannot be relied upon to keep an end quiet.

Doh :-)

Anyone still want Cook dropped? Form is temporary, class is permanent.

His batting was the key. He got some luck and he made the most of it. Because he made runs up top, everyone else relaxed a bit. Bell got luck too and he prospered. Buttler came in in a dream scenario for him and had the freedom to whack it about. Moeen had a pitch with turn in it. Cook has also done better as a captain because all of a sudden he has runs behind him and his senior bowlers are performing. It's all about confidence.

What worries me a little is the thought England remain flat-track bullies. When everything goes in their favour they look great. When the opposition has an outstanding batsman or bowler we fall apart. This is a poor Indian side. We remain miles off Australia and South Africa. If we lose Anderson at the weekend, who leads the attack?

I can't see us running through India with Plunkett, Jordan and Woakes as back-up to Broad. 

Anyone still want Cook dropped? Form is temporary, class is permanent.

His batting was the key. He got some luck and he made the most of it. Because he made runs up top, everyone else relaxed a bit. Bell got luck too and he prospered. Buttler came in in a dream scenario for him and had the freedom to whack it about. Moeen had a pitch with turn in it. Cook has also done better as a captain because all of a sudden he has runs behind him and his senior bowlers are performing. It's all about confidence.

What worries me a little is the thought England remain flat-track bullies. When everything goes in their favour they look great. When the opposition has an outstanding batsman or bowler we fall apart. This is a poor Indian side. We remain miles off Australia and South Africa. If we lose Anderson at the weekend, who leads the attack?

I can't see us running through India with Plunkett, Jordan and Woakes as back-up to Broad. 

Me neither - they are all too samey.

Now where could we find a left-arm quick, say one who has taken over 50 wickets in the Championship this season?

Me neither - they are all too samey.

Now where could we find a left-arm quick, say one who has taken over 50 wickets in the Championship this season?

Selectors don't tend to look beyond Div 1. If they go with a left-handed bowler it will be Reece Topley who they have groomed for a while. Adam Lyth must be close as an opener to replace Robson, but the latter again plays in the right part of the country and so will get another go.

Anderson apart, they will probably go with an unchanged team to promote the unified front.

A bit of a recovery with Dhoni and Ashwin throwing the bat to good effect, but for a team winning the toss and electing to take first knock,  152 is pretty awful.

Still, we'll only get the true perspective of that score after England have had a knock.

Archived