Test match England V India

ramafan

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to know how many balls England bowl would hit the stumps. I'm betting on less than 10%. Fred Trueman will be in rotisserie mode!

Earlier, a lot.

Against the last wicket pairing, hardly any.

How many times do you think Bradman, and Sobers and Lara etc  were " Out" but not given.

Half a bat, half a bat,

The umpire blundered?

He could have been out for nought

Yet made four hundred.

The Windies had thirty-three

When they lost Daren Ganga.

leg before to Freddie

and the crowd bayed in anger. 

Great days cricket at the Oval today. I've a great view from my seat as well.

Because of the exciting nature of the match, however, the beer snakes were very disappointing.

You could obviously have contributed more.

Second day, good progress by us. Reckon we will be all out for 450-ish and then tear through them tomorrow, Test could be over by end of day. That'll be three wins out of three, all by an innings... highlights how poor India have been. It's a shame really as I'd like to see this young group of players be tested a bit more, but it's a good feeling to finally be back to winning ways.

Such behaviour is frowned upon in the members' pavilion mate ;)

Try it at Lord's mate - I'm sure they would let you. After all, their members are allowed to wear bacon and egg around their necks.

(I may have misinterpreted something somewhere along the way)

Try it at Lord's mate - I'm sure they would let you. After all, their members are allowed to wear bacon and egg around their necks.

(I may have misinterpreted something somewhere along the way)

Haha I'd say you have ;) , I don't know if I'm posh enough for Lord's but it's tough enough at the Oval anyway - once I tried to join in a Mexican wave and was looked upon with contempt by everybody within a hundred-seat radius.

All this formality and restriction, however, is more than made up for by the giant Yorkshire puddings and cumberland sausages that they serve.

Archived